Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My06_types build thread...Finally getting somewhere....

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    IMO the best spring to use is the lowest possible, so 3-4 psi depending on the size of your gate. This will allow you to have traction in first on the street and with a 4 port solenoid you can still make 30 psi if you want to.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bays coming along nicely there, not much left I see till a startup.
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    IMO the best spring to use is the lowest possible, so 3-4 psi depending on the size of your gate. This will allow you to have traction in first on the street and with a 4 port solenoid you can still make 30 psi if you want to.
    Yea they are dual 44mm tial MVR wastegates. Possibly be pushing more than 30ps. Might go for .6 spring since I probably won't be lower than 10 psi in first.

Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    Bays coming along nicely there, not much left I see till a startup.
    Are you running boost by gear? IF so what psi are you running in first?

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by My06_types View Post
    Yea they are dual 44mm tial MVR wastegates. Possibly be pushing more than 30ps. Might go for .6 spring since I probably won't be lower than 10 psi in first.

Are you running boost by gear? IF so what psi are you running in first?
    Is the car a track only car? The 4 port can very likely make well above 30 psi, [MENTION=789]VitViper[/MENTION] would know much better the full capabilities.

I am running boost by gear with a 3 psi spring, so in first I hit 3-6 psi by redline (creeping a bit, no boost add in 1st with the boost controller) at the track with slicks I can add boost to first and second, haven't figured out the limit for that yet.

Feedback Score
    Is the car a track only car? The 4 port can very likely make well above 30 psi, [MENTION=789]VitViper[/MENTION] would know much better the full capabilities.

I am running boost by gear with a 3 psi spring, so in first I hit 3-6 psi by redline (creeping a bit, no boost add in 1st with the boost controller) at the track with slicks I can add boost to first and second, haven't figured out the limit for that yet.
    No it will actually probably be more of a street car than track. 550 street 700ish for the track.

Think I might just go with the .5 springs for now which is 7 ish lbs and stay above that for first gear with some sticky tires.

thanks for all the help guys and if you can think of anything else that could help I'd appreciate it.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would be surprised if you can have traction with that much boost. But if you're not too concerned with that, the 7 psi spring will be fine for everything else, especially if you use a 4 port solenoid.

Feedback Score
    What does everyone think about having two bungs welded onto my radiator?.? One welded to the top and one welded to the bottom to feed coolant to my turbo? I think this will be the best and easiest way to route the water lines.

Let me know what you think!

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just T'd into my throttle body lines...

Feedback Score
    Ya. Have you checked out my build yet. everything and almost anything is tucked or shaved so no heater lines.. no tb lines. No nothing besides coolant from radiator to engine and back to radiator. I think it would work great to just have a fitting on top and bottom of mishimoto radiator and then I wouldn't have to worry about waiting for thermostat to open or anything and would always have coolant flowing to the turbo when system is pressurized and might be cooler? Idk.

Just looking for some opinions on it before I commit. Lol

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wouldn't personally I'd leave them hoes open don't run water lines to them.
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast