Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Stretched and Swapped Ruckus - Custom Fabbed

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: My Ruckus Build

Quote Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
    Nothing quite like michelin pilots. So youd go for a busa over a zx14? They weigh about the same.
    Well, a busa is a completely different bike, but mainly I'd get that over a zx14 because I've always played with the thought of having a turbo busa. Nothing against a zx14, its a beautiful bike. Just always wanted to rock a busa But cheers for 2 wheels!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Lmaooooo

Can't wait to see this thing man. Will make a nice pit bike for team boostedk20

s4 petefromthestreets
    Hah, glad someone caught that. Same here, it's gonna be sick!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score

My Ruckus Build

Yeah, I guess I like the old school looking busas a lot but the new ones look a lot like motor scooters on steroids. Lol, I guess it goes with the theme.
    Yeah, pit bike. I'm thinking this summer I'm going to have to make the strip and track a part of my weekly activities. Can't wait to see video of your scoot scooting.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Didn't get to a roller today. Hopefully next week it'll be roller ready. Got a decent amount of stuff done today though. Mounted the front tire on the front wheel, swapped long axle for short axle and setup everything inside the tranny (which took a couple hours altogether), did a ton of measurements to line everything up 100%, got the front end ready, and now it's pretty much ready for the final welding of the rear frame to the mount and then the suspension setup.

The worst part is that the motor sits so far left because of the 12x8 fatty that an extension has to be welded onto the Mojo mount on the left side. All typical issues that come along with custom work. But it's all going to be well worth it in the end!

Yeah, I guess I like the old school looking busas a lot but the new ones look a lot like motor scooters on steroids. Lol, I guess it goes with the theme.
    Yeah, pit bike. I'm thinking this summer I'm going to have to make the strip and track a part of my weekly activities. Can't wait to see video of your scoot scooting.
    Very true, that IS what they look like now hahaha. Definitely do that, videos of Weekly Activities FTW! I can't wait til this is done, soo eager!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Teaser of how the day left off:
    Last edited by Si Speed 317; 06-16-2013 at 09:24 PM.

My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Teaser of how the day left off:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    That pics blurry. I know that s4 takes better pics then that. Lol

s4 petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    That pics blurry. I know that s4 takes better pics then that. Lol

s4 petefromthestreets
    I blurred it intentionally! Its a teaser

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score

My Ruckus Build

Lookin good. And Johnny said he likes skinny girls but never turns down a fatty. Lol
    Speaking of fatties, I came up on a scooter today that had a fatty as a passenger. I was almost going to run them over. Exhaust was loud. Made me wonder if it was because it had an open exhaust or was just labored. Lol. I realized that he didn't share my philosophy about scooters.
    I always say scooters are like fat chicks... Never mind, he wouldn't have found that one funny.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Lookin good. And Johnny said he likes skinny girls but never turns down a fatty. Lol
    Speaking of fatties, I came up on a scooter today that had a fatty as a passenger. I was almost going to run them over. Exhaust was loud. Made me wonder if it was because it had an open exhaust or was just labored. Lol. I realized that he didn't share my philosophy about scooters.
    I always say scooters are like fat chicks... Never mind, he wouldn't have found that one funny.
    LOL at pretty much every statement

Thanks bud, post your video I wanna see it!

My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Lmfaooooooo

s4 petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Got a good amount of stuff done today. Not a full roller yet, but very close. Custom fabrication takes a lot longer than it seems, but it's well worth it in the end. I'd say another 4 weeks and she'll be complete. Here's what went on today:

Sleeping Beauty

New Dremel and full accessory kit for the fun stuff

Had to modify my NCY shock and RRGS caliper bracket. Why? Because NCY+RRGS=PITA

Sneak Peak at my little brothers crazy go-kart

What do you do when you're mounting your front wheel for mock up and you realize you never ordered spacers? First, facepalm. Then improvise, and remember to order spacers later.

Might be a PITA, but not because NCY+RRGS...

Well....

Definitely a PITA. Time for the Cheetah! (Thankfully Goodyear was open,

All mounted up. $15 tip for their help after 5 tries and my guidance throughout. Did a good amount of mock up. Was finishing up the suspension and I noticed the seat frame was angled way back. Needed to address that situation, so everything else got pushed back. Next week more will be done. Full roller without a doubt. Need to complete a few extra things on my end, like getting spacers for the front wheel and getting jets for my carb. Need to figure out what jets it uses first. Either way, here's they way we left today:

Super excited. Can't wait for more! The countdown to next Sunday begins. [MENTION=194]RND RACING[/MENTION]

My Ruckus Build

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast