Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast

Thread: 91' NSX Rejuvenation build

Feedback Score
    [MENTION=30]06_typeS[/MENTION] How is your NSX man? I wish I still had mine. Was so much damn fun. How much progress have you made in the build?

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoolin_VTEC View Post
    [MENTION=30]06_typeS[/MENTION] How is your NSX man? I wish I still had mine. Was so much damn fun. How much progress have you made in the build?
    What happened to yours?

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea man what happened?! You had a turbocharged NSX right? The red one in your avatar?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Nice work from your detail guy. Anyone that can work wonders like that on a black car is worth the money. Car looks beautiful. I always liked those nsx's. I bet its a blast to drive

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Yea man what happened?! You had a turbocharged NSX right? The red one in your avatar?
    Yup. The ONE time I park it in the street, it gets slammed from behind by a drunk driver. Totaled the shit out of it. I'm fine, but miss that damn car. Don't want to build another though, thinking of going with american muscle. Might get a viper or vette and boost it.

Feedback Score
    NSX has been tucked away for a while now. I am still living in Germany and the NSX is back home in Canada. I have a year and a half left then I will get her back.

I did make it home in Sept for unfortunate reasons. But I was able to put close to 1000 miles on the NSX while I was there.

I ordered new non oem coils and oem plugs. My friends installed them prior to me returning home and it took care of the miss problem. Still have the TCS and ABS lights on and at times when cold the car went into limp mode, but I think that is due to bad o2 sensors. I have new ones but I want to wait to install them when I move home, drop the motor, clean the engine bay up and install my headers.

Car drove good while I was home. Do you still have any parts from your NSX [MENTION=77]Spoolin_VTEC[/MENTION]?
    Joe

1991 Acura NSX

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 06_typeS View Post
    NSX has been tucked away for a while now. I am still living in Germany and the NSX is back home in Canada. I have a year and a half left then I will get her back.

I did make it home in Sept for unfortunate reasons. But I was able to put close to 1000 miles on the NSX while I was there.

I ordered new non oem coils and oem plugs. My friends installed them prior to me returning home and it took care of the miss problem. Still have the TCS and ABS lights on and at times when cold the car went into limp mode, but I think that is due to bad o2 sensors. I have new ones but I want to wait to install them when I move home, drop the motor, clean the engine bay up and install my headers.

Car drove good while I was home. Do you still have any parts from your NSX [MENTION=77]Spoolin_VTEC[/MENTION]?
    Joe, why did you move to Germany? I don't think I ever knew the reason(s). As for going back to Canadaland for unfortunate reasons, I hope all is well with family and everything turned out okay. Following you on social media, everyone in your family looks happy, your daughter is growing up so fast! And your son, very cool picture with you and your father vs you and your son! Looking forward to those days myself, give it a few years lol.

How many miles are on your car now?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Joe, why did you move to Germany? I don't think I ever knew the reason(s). As for going back to Canadaland for unfortunate reasons, I hope all is well with family and everything turned out okay. Following you on social media, everyone in your family looks happy, your daughter is growing up so fast! And your son, very cool picture with you and your father vs you and your son! Looking forward to those days myself, give it a few years lol.

How many miles are on your car now?
    A military posting got me to Germany. Only posting availible to my trade outside of Canada, and there are only 3 positions here. So I was very lucky to get selected. We are here for 4 years total. 1 1/2 years left until we are posted back home.

We had to go back to a funeral, its a unfortuante reason to have a family reunion but it was great seeing all the family together.

Thanks for the family compliments. We are definately enjoying living and traveling in europe. Kids are growing up way to fast.

I built a custom Cozy Coupe for my daughter which she loves and compairs it to "Daddy's Racecar (NSX)" lol.

I take her for drives in the Del Sol and she loves cruising, so when I get home I am sure she will be wrenching right beside me.

The NSX has either 94k or 96k miles now.

I am debating on what car to get for a daily when I move home. I want a 4 door fun car. Debating between 07-08 TL-S, WRX, Merc, BMW.. I dunno. I still have time to mull it over. I still want to bring the X5 home, but it has to be 15 years in order to import it back into Canada, and when we move home it will only be 14.4 years old. So I may have to wait the 8 months before getting it shipped back. We will see.
    Joe

1991 Acura NSX

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 06_typeS View Post
    A military posting got me to Germany. Only posting availible to my trade outside of Canada, and there are only 3 positions here. So I was very lucky to get selected. We are here for 4 years total. 1 1/2 years left until we are posted back home.

We had to go back to a funeral, its a unfortuante reason to have a family reunion but it was great seeing all the family together.

Thanks for the family compliments. We are definately enjoying living and traveling in europe. Kids are growing up way to fast.

I built a custom Cozy Coupe for my daughter which she loves and compairs it to "Daddy's Racecar (NSX)" lol.

I take her for drives in the Del Sol and she loves cruising, so when I get home I am sure she will be wrenching right beside me.

The NSX has either 94k or 96k miles now.

I am debating on what car to get for a daily when I move home. I want a 4 door fun car. Debating between 07-08 TL-S, WRX, Merc, BMW.. I dunno. I still have time to mull it over. I still want to bring the X5 home, but it has to be 15 years in order to import it back into Canada, and when we move home it will only be 14.4 years old. So I may have to wait the 8 months before getting it shipped back. We will see.
    Sorry for your loss Joey, I had no idea. God bless. I'd suggest against the 07-08 TL-S simply due to the lack of power you can make. WRX/STI is sure fun and will keep you holding back with much modding after a tune. The transmissions, unless they've changed with 2016, are supposedly glass after 400awtq. X5 would be nice to bring back though! Is it RHD?

Also, please post pics of said cozy coupe! I don't even know what that is. Time for Google!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedK20 View Post
    Sorry for your loss Joey, I had no idea. God bless. I'd suggest against the 07-08 TL-S simply due to the lack of power you can make. WRX/STI is sure fun and will keep you holding back with much modding after a tune. The transmissions, unless they've changed with 2016, are supposedly glass after 400awtq. X5 would be nice to bring back though! Is it RHD?

Also, please post pics of said cozy coupe! I don't even know what that is. Time for Google!
    ^ This. Cozy coupes are cool!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast