Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1222 ... LastLast

Thread: [ysosrs] dc2r k20 turbo

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnc1408 View Post
    Long story short, To make cooler piping out of alloy will set me back double stainless.

I was wondering in regards to the IAT where I could place it in my setup? My adapter is alloy so I have no idea where to place it now since all my piping work will be stainless.

is the intake manifold plenum an option?
    What exactly are you trying to do?
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    My new intercooler piping are made of stainless as the fabricator charges double for alloy.

my intake air temp sensor adapter is alloy which means I wont be able to get it welded onto my piping.

So i was wondering if i can weld it straight to my intake manifold (rbc) plenum instead without any problems.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My new intercooler piping are made of stainless as the fabricator charges double for alloy.

my intake air temp sensor adapter is alloy which means I wont be able to get it welded onto my piping.

So i was wondering if i can weld it straight to my intake manifold (rbc) plenum instead without any problems.
    Just drill and tap the piping and thread your iat sensor. That's what I did.
    Tire slayer

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

IIRC, IAT should be ~6" from the BOV, which should be 8-12" from the TB. [MENTION=56]PetefromtheStreets[/MENTION] [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION] [MENTION=921]Frostydc5[/MENTION] Can you gents chime in on this?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    IIRC, IAT should be ~6" from the BOV, which should be 8-12" from the TB. [MENTION=56]PetefromtheStreets[/MENTION] [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION] [MENTION=921]Frostydc5[/MENTION] Can you gents chime in on this?
    I don't think placement to bov is important. But I'd put it in my piping. If need be it can go into your intake manifold with No issues
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    It's alright guys, I found the info I needed on hondata. it says I can put the sensor straight onto my intake manifold. I will be cutting the adapter out from the pipes JDl made me (rubbish) and getting it welded onto the intake manifold.

So annoyed at JDLautodesign, bunch of *****s leaving a customer like this and not rectifying the situation like a genuine business.

Towing the car in a few hours, Only thing setting me back further delay is that I will now need a "stainless" Tial vband, arghhh.

Feedback Score
    Thanks bunch guys for putting out time to answer my questions and help me out.

genuinely love you guys with a passion all the way from Australia ha!!. no homo.

Feedback Score
    Finally got around to organizing a time to tow the car out to get a few things done at JVN garage.

Whats being done? quite a bit of things tbh. JDLautodesign made me a kit that didn't fit, by the looks of it they have made a kit to suit a dc5 and not a dc2. After countless emails to rectify the problem they decided to ignore me because why not? I live half way accross the globe and can't do much.

things being fabricated -

*intercooler pipings (hot + cold)
    *mount on intercooler
    *re adjust oil return line/fittings
    *down pipe
    *dump tube
    *full straight through exhaust from catback

9am is always a good start! said no one ever... in freezing and wet conditions.

hnggg.. them rc-s doe. :wave:

Arrived at Jvn Garage with a very friendly welcome by John. Talked to him for awhile explaining what I wanted done, he heard me out and also contributed in opinions that was of value. His ke70 though! what a beauty.

Will be leaving the car there for a week or 2, more than enough time for John to get the job done. See you soon my friend.

Check out Johns workshop sticker, pretty created if you asked me. :thumbsup:

Talking about stickers, finally received my Alcaptures stickers. They look amazing in real life especially the silver and gold one.

Times are tough, Fabrication work, 2x Rego and mortgage blew a hole in my paper wallet Had to trade in some goldies and silvers to help my wonderful life out. (for anyone guessing, it's only $430 which is ballin out of control for me)

Quick update of my new planted tank not that anyone cares. But i dgaf.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Finally got around to organizing a time to tow the car out to get a few things done at JVN garage.

Whats being done? quite a bit of things tbh. JDLautodesign made me a kit that didn't fit, by the looks of it they have made a kit to suit a dc5 and not a dc2. After countless emails to rectify the problem they decided to ignore me because why not? I live half way accross the globe and can't do much.

things being fabricated -

*intercooler pipings (hot + cold)
    *mount on intercooler
    *re adjust oil return line/fittings
    *down pipe
    *dump tube
    *full straight through exhaust from catback

9am is always a good start! said no one ever... in freezing and wet conditions.

hnggg.. them rc-s doe. :wave:

Arrived at Jvn Garage with a very friendly welcome by John. Talked to him for awhile explaining what I wanted done, he heard me out and also contributed in opinions that was of value. His ke70 though! what a beauty.

Will be leaving the car there for a week or 2, more than enough time for John to get the job done. See you soon my friend.

Check out Johns workshop sticker, pretty created if you asked me. :thumbsup:

Talking about stickers, finally received my Alcaptures stickers. They look amazing in real life especially the silver and gold one.

Times are tough, Fabrication work, 2x Rego and mortgage blew a hole in my paper wallet Had to trade in some goldies and silvers to help my wonderful life out. (for anyone guessing, it's only $430 which is ballin out of control for me)

Quick update of my new planted tank not that anyone cares. But i dgaf.

Hey man glad to see you've got resources to get the job done correctly. It does indeed look like a dc5 kit now that you say that.

430 bucks is a lot from coins lol.
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PetefromtheStreets View Post
    Hey man glad to see you've got resources to get the job done correctly. It does indeed look like a dc5 kit now that you say that.

430 bucks is a lot from coins lol.
    I went to my friends stripped shell dc5. mocked everything roughly by eye and it fits correctly.

So I have a feeling they made a mistake but because it has been over a year, I don't think I can do anything? All parts still brand new etc.

I feel cheated and only found out 2 years later.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1222 ... LastLast