Page 61 of 88 FirstFirst ... 11516171 ... LastLast

Thread: aLmk's Turbo FA5

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Alright so I have a couple questions here regarding my car/build:
    1. The o-rings on most of my injectors tore while I was removing them from the intake manifold with the fuel rail, anyone know which o-ring I need to replace those? The injectors are ID 1000cc injectors, but I have no idea if the o-rings are just from the stock injectors or if they are an ID specific part. I have a feeling it is the larger o-ring on the stock injector that we also use for the walbro fuel pump, PN: 91302-PNA-003, but I would like to confirm this.
    2. Should I remove the oil squirters or not? I have heard that with forged internals they are not as necessary and removing them can lead to more oil pressure in other parts of the system IE in the journals and places where it is really needed; additionally, I've read that when going to different pistons it is possible that the skirt of the piston may make contact with the oil squirter, how can I tell if mine will make contact? Will I need to install them to find out? Up until recently I had never heard of doing this and had full intentions of just leaving them in place, but I would like some input in that regard, my goal with this build is for it to be as reliable as possible with power being the second consideration.
    3. What bearings does everyone recommend? I've heard ACL is good, but others say to go OEM.
    4. If I were to do valve train, what pressure springs do I need? I will still be on the stock cams and the motor I would think wouldn't see much more than 20 psi if that, as my fuel system would definitely need to be upgraded to go much above that.
    5. Since I will be retaining my 8600 rpm rev limit, would I see enough benefit from the rsx oil pump for it to be worth getting one?

Any other suggestions/comments are appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Well this is just my opinion for your build
    1.)I'd contact ID or one of their distributors I know you could find an o ring that works but why not get the right ones they cant be very expensive .
    2.)I always leave my oil squirters in Honda knows what they are doing.
    3.)ACL
    4.)1020 s or 1021d Supertech call Luke at thmotorsports.com he is knowledgeable and can help you with all your needs .
    5.)I'd rather have the better/new pump especially since you spun a bearing while running the old pump.Vibes ? You will never know the pump is any different other than it's a better pump .
    You and that bubble ain't nothin but trouble

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks Mark!

Word is back from the machine shop, everything is reusable. The block can stay at stock bore just rehoned which is great as that will be stronger. The head is also in great shape, won't need any decking and they are going to recondition it and do a 3 angle valve job. All the springs are still in factory spec.

Given this, I plan to use the factory head gasket. Unless there is some great reason not to that I'm unaware of?

Feedback Score
    Well you know I'm gonna say OEM lol here is a good link to watch

http://youtu.be/6-XXVk_vwKw
    You and that bubble ain't nothin but trouble

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    Well you know I'm gonna say OEM lol here is a good link to watch

http://youtu.be/6-XXVk_vwKw
    Ya I saw that a little bit ago. You referenced it in another thread, great info there!

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What's up [MENTION=185]aLmk[/MENTION] I sent you a pm regarding the gears you've got.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Cage plus radio member #1
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetefromtheStreets View Post
    What's up [MENTION=185]aLmk[/MENTION] I sent you a pm regarding the gears you've got.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Cage plus radio member #1
    Replied, sorry was out of town yesterday all day.

Junior Member SouthBay Fuel Injectors's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    Hey aLmk, just started following your thread. Looks like this has been a work in progress. Awesome job

www.southbayfuelinjectors.com
    516-442-4707

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthBay Fuel Injectors View Post
    Hey aLmk, just started following your thread. Looks like this has been a work in progress. Awesome job

www.southbayfuelinjectors.com
    516-442-4707
    Thanks! Hoping to get things back up and running in the next 2 months.

Junior Member SouthBay Fuel Injectors's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    Just in time for the next season! Good luck!

Page 61 of 88 FirstFirst ... 11516171 ... LastLast