Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3

Thread: SoSlowSi SuperSlow Turbo DD

Feedback Score
    Yeah Andrew, After some more research I may just do the valve adjustment for now. Thanks

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We have a few guys that have some great experience with these engines and valves (springs/retainers, etc as well) such as [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION] [MENTION=56]PetefromtheStreets[/MENTION] [MENTION=28]Spaz[/MENTION]. Let's get you guys chiming in!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    I've done many valve adjustments. Nerve wrecking at first. But once you get the hang of it no problem.
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Feedback Score
    Doing springs and retainers while the engine is in the bay is a PIA in an 8th gen a lot of guys pull the head to do them and you should also consider it . If the engine is out its much much easier on the engine stand / floor .If you haven't done them before it's definitely a task as you have to pull the tct ,remove the chain from the cam gears, pull the cams and then you will need a way to pressurize the cylinders with air to keep the valves up top of the cylinder while your doing the springs I used my leak down tester .Also it's a good idea to bring the cylinder your doing the spring on up near the top so should the valve decide to drop down that way it wont drop into the cylinder while your replacing the spring .I bought this to do my springs http://www.euroexportinc.com/honda-a...ing-compressor it works very well .It compresses the spring so you can remove the retainers. A small pocket magnet works well to remove the old oem retainers as you gotta make sure they don't fall into the head or an oil passage when you compress the spring as that could require major disassemble to get the tiny retainer out. If you decide to do it I'd also get some valve seals and replace them while your in there .I run all Super Tech springs, retainers ,seals and bronze valve guides with oem valves but doing guides requires pulling the head and sending it to a machine shop .Hopefully this helps ya out if you decide to do them .Also I'm not sure which cams your running but that would determine which springs to get I got everything from thmotorsports when I did mine .
    You and that bubble ain't nothin but trouble

Feedback Score
    Just a quick update... Got a valve adjustment last week and also finally installed my new 4" intake. Trying to decide what to do next

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoSlowSi View Post
    Just a quick update... Got a valve adjustment last week and also finally installed my new 4" intake. Trying to decide what to do next
    Got pics of the intake?
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3