Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91929 ... LastLast

Thread: 05 RSX Type S Rotrex Project

Feedback Score

05 RSX Type S Rotrex Project

Please do share and a sticky should be made, after all, this is a site to share problems and solutions along with stories and...:-)

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Without a doubt! That's something very valuable to everyone, and is likely going to take a little time to make. I look forward to that write up!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: 05 RSX Type S Rotrex Project

Quote Originally Posted by 04carboncivic View Post
    build looks awesome. Question. For you guys running the C38 range, I just installed a c38-81 with the TTS billet bracket and the blower sits maybe 1-2cm from the subframe. Now this is in an EM2 with an RSX subframe and I don't have a front engine mount. I'm worried the motor will move with the new power level, you guys ever had problem with the blower hitting the subframe? I should just not cheap out and get the front mount for reassurance since I have hasport 60a harness mounts.
    I believe I saw your posts on k20a as well. I was suppoeed to get you a couple pictures and got sidetracked. I will deff do this for you today to see what kind of clearance I have. I have the innovative 70a or 80a front mount as well

s4 petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score

Wait, who is carbon civic?
    By the buy my RPF1's SBC coating came in today from Japan. Should be to my door before next Thursday! About tires? I'm thinking ill realistically go with the direzzas but the Toyos! 888's are calling my attention as well. I doubt the tires will last long. What do you guys suggest???

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
    Wait, who is carbon civic?
    By the buy my RPF1's SBC coating came in today from Japan. Should be to my door before next Thursday! About tires? I'm thinking ill realistically go with the direzzas but the Toyos! 888's are calling my attention as well. I doubt the tires will last long. What do you guys suggest???
    The dunlop star specs have worked very well for me, I would recommend them.

Feedback Score

So this is it...I just overheated. Waited till car cooled down after a long walk to gas station. Came back with coolant and poured it in. Starts leaking. Hoses and radiator all good. I guess water pump and I think this is gonna be the money pit. FML in a good way. Hopefully the engine is ok. It still runs. I didn't run it too hot. As soon as light came on I caught it but WTF? So much pressure that it blew the water pump or a freeze plug? Hopefully nothing else.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    wow for the light to come on it might of hit 220+ degrees, watch that temp man, i have been having high temps lately but the highest on my half size radiator is 204. Have u bled the system well and what your cooling combo consist of.

I just recently went from a 744cfm 12' fan to a mishimoto 933.5 12' fan. night and day diff

Feedback Score

Well, the setup is pretty stout. All in fab radiator intercooler setup that bolts together. Two fans on it that sound like they could pull the car along if they had to. As far as the air bubble. It's possible but we ran the car for a long time with the funnel attached and it was fine. I am really a noob when it comes to boost. So I dunno.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yea I'm betting something there is your issue. What do u have your fans set to?? What temp to come on at?
    And let me guess is the fan shroud welded to the rad and the fans aren't removable either??

Feedback Score

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91929 ... LastLast