Feedback Score
    sell it
    2001 Boosted Built k20a2 Billet BB 6766BB

2013=579whp 406trq @ 24 psi c16
    10.87@137mph

2014= 510whp 370trq @ 18psi pump gas

2015= 7xx @ 30psi??

Feedback Score
    Well I made it home for a few weeks. Got to drive the NSX for a bit before I got very discouraged with it. While inspecting the car after I pulled it out of my Grandfathers garage, I opened up the trunk to find a huge mouse nest. Housing insulation, trunk carpet, paper and shit all rolled up in a ball in the corner of the trunk... FML.... So after cleaning that out, and inspecting for chewed wires I found nothing. I then took it on a road trip to the states for a weekend when it started acting up. 1st was the passenger side window would not go down, which it misteriously cured itself on the drive home?!?! Next was a missfire/sputter under load from 1000-3500 rpm. So pretty much in every gear driving at normal speeds. At times on the highway I would have to leave it in 4th just to stay above 3500 to avoid the sputter. And last was a huge oil leak. The car always leaked a bit of oil, but this leak was a steady drip (approx. every 3-5 seconds) coming from one of the vtec solinoid gaskets (which was replaced from Acura 2 years ago).

So it spent the last few days that I was home at the dealer getting repaired, which I still havent heard if I got a bill or not. Big thanks to [MENTION=49]boosted_teg[/MENTION] for picking the car up on a few different occasions and putting it in storage for me.

So next on the agenda for the NSX.... More maintenance. I am going to start with replacing both o2 Sensors (which I have, just didnt have time to install), new coil packs and spark plugs, ignition igniter, main relay, and fuel pump.

On a side note, I did get the BBK, CF hood & spoiler, steering wheel/quick release, and exhaust on. Headers and rear lower valance will have to wait until the next time I am home, which isnt planned for anytime soon.

Joe

1991 Acura NSX

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 06_typeS View Post
    Well I made it home for a few weeks. Got to drive the NSX for a bit before I got very discouraged with it. While inspecting the car after I pulled it out of my Grandfathers garage, I opened up the trunk to find a huge mouse nest. Housing insulation, trunk carpet, paper and shit all rolled up in a ball in the corner of the trunk... FML.... So after cleaning that out, and inspecting for chewed wires I found nothing. I then took it on a road trip to the states for a weekend when it started acting up. 1st was the passenger side window would not go down, which it misteriously cured itself on the drive home?!?! Next was a missfire/sputter under load from 1000-3500 rpm. So pretty much in every gear driving at normal speeds. At times on the highway I would have to leave it in 4th just to stay above 3500 to avoid the sputter. And last was a huge oil leak. The car always leaked a bit of oil, but this leak was a steady drip (approx. every 3-5 seconds) coming from one of the vtec solinoid gaskets (which was replaced from Acura 2 years ago).

So it spent the last few days that I was home at the dealer getting repaired, which I still havent heard if I got a bill or not. Big thanks to [MENTION=49]boosted_teg[/MENTION] for picking the car up on a few different occasions and putting it in storage for me.

So next on the agenda for the NSX.... More maintenance. I am going to start with replacing both o2 Sensors (which I have, just didnt have time to install), new coil packs and spark plugs, ignition igniter, main relay, and fuel pump.

On a side note, I did get the BBK, CF hood & spoiler, steering wheel/quick release, and exhaust on. Headers and rear lower valance will have to wait until the next time I am home, which isnt planned for anytime soon.

Mice?! At least you weren't attacked and it seems like no real harm was done, other than a time-consuming PITA situation. House insulation sucks too, soooo itchy. The same thing happened to the passenger window on my vette. Motor rusts up where the magnets contact and the window doesn't move. It's very common on the C5's. Screw driver and a hard hammer hit on the bolts that hold the motor while holding the down button and she moved right down!

Maintenance is all a part of the fun my friend. If you have a trusted friend local, have them start it up every few weeks. Tends to save lots of headaches. An object in motion tends to stay in motion. Glad you got to drive her for a bit though! I'm sure next time will be better

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    just read through all of this, nice car nice updates.
    It's one of my dreams to get one and do a whole bunch of custom work to it.
    non the less great looking car man.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by builtfa5ftw View Post
    just read through all of this, nice car nice updates.
    It's one of my dreams to get one and do a whole bunch of custom work to it.
    non the less great looking car man.
    I need to ask... What type of custimization would you do? IMO an NSX shouldn't be customized, updated to the current times by subtle modifications that can be easily reversed.
    Joe

1991 Acura NSX

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 06_typeS View Post
    I need to ask... What type of custimization would you do? IMO an NSX shouldn't be customized, updated to the current times by subtle modifications that can be easily reversed.
    Well don't get me wrong I love nothing other than seeing a completely OEM refurbished car, matter of fact the other day I was flipping out because I found a untouched Supra in my little Oklahoma town sitting at Chilli's. I.E. NSX, GTR, Supra ect.
    But if I were to buy one I would make it a one of a kind, basically a race car race seats and all the little things like steering wheel, aggressive wheels, boost it(probably turbo), build the engine and anything else that came to mind during it.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^ if only that was so easy. You should do it!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    ^ if only that was so easy. You should do it!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I know right. If I buy one I will but until then imma just keep looking at his in awe.... Lol jelly I wish I just had the chance to drive one at this time in my life.

Feedback Score
    So I finally got the bill from Acura, $240 later to get the seals replaced. I really wish there was an NSX spec mechanic local to the Maritimes that I can take it too. I've had enough with the Stealership.

In other news, the NSX is tucked away during the Cold Nova Scotia Winter. Not sure when it will be driven again.
    Joe

1991 Acura NSX

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    those red stoptechs make me so jelly... I wish I would have gone with red on my car.
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast