Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: hi/low boost switch?

Feedback Score

hi/low boost switch?

wanting to know how to fit a toggle switch to the dash that will allow the hi/low boost tables to be used when i am and when im not in a hurry.

which wires do you tap into, any side effects/lights on the dash?

after a decent guide for this as the hondata help is as helpful as tits on a fish.

any body done this? a good labelled known working diagram would be nice too.

i know these work using brake light switch/ service light etc. when these are active would the corresponding dash light flash then?

any help at all apprieciated

thanks

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    [MENTION=28]Spaz[/MENTION]PetefromtheStreets [MENTION=185]aLmk[/MENTION] [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION]@ @@ @

you guys know what your talking about, know anything about this?

thanks

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I got the perfect answer for this let me get to my computer when I get home this evening
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Feedback Score
    ^ top bloke, thankyou.

having looked at the available inputs, i will likely use the EPS switch, i assume this doesnt actually affect the steering? just utilises the light as a switch on/ switch off indicator?

not sure i could deal with EML or the brake light flashing at me, would crap myself everytime i floor it!

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    thanks to Jeff12886!!

connected a splice to the E22 (Brake Switch Line)
    *note* in the pic I didnt cut the wire, i thought you had to T into it but you just cut it and connect straight to the ECU, if you dont cut it, your brake lights will come on with the switch

For my positive 12V I T'ed into the 12V wire that I used for my Boost Solenoid and viola, crack open a beer and your done, unless you have a led switch like i have, then you need to hook up a ground for the LED inside the switch.

Set it to the brake switch in KPRO and your done

Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Feedback Score
    When you say brake lights come on, you mean the light on the dash right?

Is it really that simple? Would prefer not to cut the wire tbh,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy View Post
    When you say brake lights come on, you mean the light on the dash right?

Is it really that simple? Would prefer not to cut the wire tbh,
    Somethings need to be cut lol But if you prefer i can send you a flying lead wire with a terminal that you can plug in to somewhere in the E connector or any spare hole in the A, B, E connector that can be used for the boost switch. [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION] are there mulitple choices for pin locations to choose from?
    Need Parts? Click HERE

Wanna learn some wiring?
    Click HERE

PM me for wiring supplies and inquiries

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    From what I've gathered so far that's the only wire

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    From what I've gathered so far that's the only wire
    Ahhhhh thanks for clarifying that. Well [MENTION=1040]Jonezy[/MENTION] you could still cut it and extend to a switch, or you can depin the brake wire, and repin a flying lead to a switch and just tuck away the oem wire with tape.
    Need Parts? Click HERE

Wanna learn some wiring?
    Click HERE

PM me for wiring supplies and inquiries

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryaano18 View Post
    Somethings need to be cut lol But if you prefer i can send you a flying lead wire with a terminal that you can plug in to somewhere in the E connector or any spare hole in the A, B, E connector that can be used for the boost switch. [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION] are there mulitple choices for pin locations to choose from?
    thanks for the offer pal, wrong side of the pond to be posting things to me though. apprieciate it mind.

so only the brake light switch can be used? just curious why other inputs such as...

E16 power steering pressure switch
    E29 service connector switch

why are these mentioned? and how would they react if treat same as you mentioned for the brake light switch?

also the question of the brake light switch? this does definatly refer to the light on the dash? not the brake lights on the rear of the car?-EDIT - http://www.hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6440 thread clears it up a bit, all it does it raises idle slight;y when brakes are applied!

would the handbrake warning light also still work?
    Last edited by Jonezy; 10-16-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast