Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Acura EL JRSC M62 Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K24_Acura_EL View Post
    I got the Jackson racing Manuel tensioner with jrsc but most of the bolts were stripped , so we ended up using the oem one cause that what we had at the time.
    Yeah go with the merc racing tensioner. Most people upgrade to that anyways because the jackson racing one is shit.

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    ^what he said.

Scissor tensioner is junk
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We are still in the tuning stage with the car , but making very good progress until the other had a Alternator bole backed off and lost it spacers. But we fixed the other night and back on the road.

Searching for some bolts and lock tight at walmart , but they don't have any such thing and this was at 9 pm at night on a Sunday

Love the hoodie!! Thank you for the support!
    I got the Jackson racing Manuel tensioner with jrsc but most of the bolts were stripped , so we ended up using the oem one cause that what we had at the time.
    Definitely look into [MENTION=974]MercRacing[/MENTION]'s tensioner setup. Solid solution that you won't need to replace. Many, many satisfied customers.

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Nice build. Id toss that tsx exhaust cam though- source a k20a2/z1/z3 replacement. The setup you have now is a good NA setup but that big exhaust cam will bleed off more boost than you can provide. MercRacing makes some awesome stuff- his tensioner would certainly do the trick. Another cost effective method would be to pick up the 06 civic si tensioner bracket from supercharger.com. The bracket effectively moves your oem autotensioner closer to the SC snout for better belt wrap and tension. I use it on my setup now with no hassles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The latest new on my build is that i spun a rod bearing last month . So before i put the car away for storage for this winter , i am taking the motor out and going to rebuild it and rebuild it to run the JRSC in mind. I am looking at a putting in better rods and pistons in the new block to make some more power and change my TSX exhaust cam to the Si exhaust cams.

Any other suggestion ?? i would like to make 350 hp with my setup if i can and i am looking for the support bracket that bolts under the manifold of the M62 to the block of the motor.
    Last edited by K24_Acura_EL; 10-03-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    that sucks... damn spun bearing

I ended up making my own support bracket. Wasn't tough.

As far as 350 it's not a hard goal. K24 CP, 3.0 BP, Aftercooler, MercRacing Inlet, good tune. Maybe even look into E85 that'll put you over for sure.
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The latest new on my build is that i spun a rod bearing last month . So before i put the car away for storage for this winter , i am taking the motor out and going to rebuild it and rebuild it to run the JRSC in mind. I am looking at a putting in better rods and pistons in the new block to make some more power and change my TSX exhaust cam to the Si exhaust cams.

Any other suggestion ?? i would like to make 350 hp with my setup if i can and i am looking for the support bracket that bolts under the manifold of the M62 to the block of the motor.
    Sorry to hear that. 350 is definitely a doable goal, are you running an aftercooler for starters? That, along with a smaller blower pulley (assuming all stock other pulleys) would be a great start (with the appropriate sized injectors)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post

As far as 350 it's not a hard goal. K24 CP, 3.0 BP, Aftercooler, MercRacing Inlet, good tune. Maybe even look into E85 that'll put you over for sure.
    you can even run the 2.9 or 2.8" MercRacing pulley! He'd love to help you out with your goals [MENTION=974]MercRacing[/MENTION]

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score

BoostedK20 and Spaz both made great points. Your goal is realistic and easily reachable. I'd agree to go with those. Just DON'T run meth.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post

Yes i already have the MercRacing asftercooler ,inlet and pulley . The only piece i dont have is the auto tensioner witch i will be ordering soon. I am now looking into getting some rods . I have the TSX rods and piston now and looking to get some aftermarket rods and pistons , when i rebuild the motor this winter . I was talking to people who put a LSD in the tranny and some say it is overrated for the what it is .

Feedback Score
    Well it has been a while since i posted up on Boostedk20 , well a little list of progression we have made on the Acura EL. This pas few months i got the K24 block re-done cleaned up and got some Manley rods put in with wisco piston 11:1 compression with ARP head studs. Got some new tires hopfully they should hook good on the street , Falken Azenith 615 R . Also i ordered the auto tensinor from Mercracing and this weekend we shale be putting the JRSC back on. So the only thing in my way at this point it belt size for my set up with the K20 crank pulley and K24 crank pulley .

Here are a few shots the last few months

Me and my Buddy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2