Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1020 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown Big Block EP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    All I did was pistons, rods, and bearings.
    Im thinking ill do the same in the bottom end. Maybe I'll have CNC werx add a CSS just for good measure along with a fresh hone and cleaning.
    http://www.cylindersupportsystem.com/
    Im going to to have to rebuild the head though- good time to beef everything up . Ive been eyeing the Full Race EFR kits...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluEP3_SC View Post
    Im thinking ill do the same in the bottom end. Maybe I'll have CNC werx add a CSS just for good measure along with a fresh hone and cleaning.
    http://www.cylindersupportsystem.com/
    Im going to to have to rebuild the head though- good time to beef everything up . Ive been eyeing the Full Race EFR kits...

Some people really do not like block guards which is what that is, some have success with them. Based on my research I chose not to get one and just stay stock in that area, I didn't have to over bore so my cylinders are still 86mm. As for the EFRs, does your chassis allow you to fit the twin scroll kit? If not, I definitely suggest getting the EFR in an externally gated setup, they perform much better that way.

Feedback Score
    Some people really do not like block guards which is what that is, some have success with them. Based on my research I chose not to get one and just stay stock in that area, I didn't have to over bore so my cylinders are still 86mm. As for the EFRs, does your chassis allow you to fit the twin scroll kit? If not, I definitely suggest getting the EFR in an externally gated setup, they perform much better that way.
    I think the twin scroll, internally gated kit would fit in the ep3. My tuner, drob, advised me to skip the k24 rebuild and source a k20 due to its stronger oem cylinder construction if i was to go turbo. So now im kinda back to the drawing board.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gotcha, well if you do go turbo, I cannot recommend going external over internal enough. It's far superior in every way.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gotcha, well if you do go turbo, I cannot recommend going external over internal enough. It's far superior in every way.
    [MENTION=954]bluEP3_SC[/MENTION] I thoroughly agree. +1

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluEP3_SC View Post
    I think the twin scroll, internally gated kit would fit in the ep3. My tuner, drob, advised me to skip the k24 rebuild and source a k20 due to its stronger oem cylinder construction if i was to go turbo. So now im kinda back to the drawing board.

Can you ask D-Rob to post up about that cylinder construction information? I'm not trolling, I've heard it before. It would be awesome for him to explain that to everyone (me). It's just those little things that are nice to have on the forum for everyone!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Can you ask D-Rob to post up about that cylinder construction information? I'm not trolling, I've heard it before. It would be awesome for him to explain that to everyone (me). It's just those little things that are nice to have on the forum for everyone!
    I can ask but I'll take a gander at what he is referring to. K24 bore is 87mm compared to a k20 which is 86mm. There is your +1mm cylinder thickness right there. Its just a bit more material that strengthens the k20 cylinders compared to the k24.

It doesn't really matter anymore though- i think my boost days are over. I was quoted almost 6k for a custom TTS rotrex kit... So cross that off. I dont think my JRSC is even remotely fixable and i honestly have little faith now in stiegemeier to rebuild my blower even if they could. I also looked into the turbo option and i dont think the power band would suit my driving style or tastes... Along with the investment since i either need to buy another motor or rebuild mine on top of any of these boost options.

... So things are kind of pointing to the honda purist option. A fresh, stoutly built, street friendly NA k24 aimed at powerband and response for spirited mountain runs and light autocross and road racing. Sorry fellas- but a big power boosted street car just doesn't really fit the bill for me anymore.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    :sadbanana: well best of luck which ever route you choose!

Feedback Score
    :sadbanana: well best of luck which ever route you choose!
    Thanks man. On a brighter side- i got a call today from Stiegemeier regarding my blower. They are condemning it but are looking for a new core. So it seems like they intend to replace it and make things right- which is good to hear. Now i just need to see if replacing my motor is more cost effective than rebuilding it.

Feedback Score
    Updated build list on page 1

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1020 ... LastLast