Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1525 ... LastLast

Thread: LGIndustries 67mm Street/Strip - Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpr87 View Post
    I remember how many people were talking shit about my car until it was dyno'd and put down 700+ *silence in the facebooks* it looks like i'm going to have to make an example of a couple of cars LOL

Yea man, it just sucks because you want to share it you know, since it's something that your proud of, but nope.... haters errrywheeerre
    I Just would like my car to stay together longer then 27hrs. Lol
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PetefromtheStreets View Post
    I Just would like my car to stay together longer then 27hrs. Lol
    i feels your pain man

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the idea in theory but after doing all the math, i'm better off just leaving it alone as it is for now and working on the boost settings and tune, the problem should be there i think, because i have friends with similar setups without the issues i have so i think i need to just do a couple of logs and see what's going on.

Well.... i finally got the transmission back on LOL and i'm getting everything else bolted back on, i do however need to find a pair of stock headlight harnesses for an eg -____-
    I have a very strong feeling the tune and boost settings will not fix your problem. I went through this, and those things do not fix a physical problem with the manifold. Also, just because it works for someone else doesn't mean it will necessarily work for you; I am speaking from experience. Best of luck with everything.

Feedback Score
    You could always run a manifold like the JDL wastegate priority manifold to help ease the creep issues. It would allow you to easily run a pipe from the mani to a front mount turbo.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    But I guess its worth a shot of the tune asjustment first, although I'd go straight to the souce: manifold

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
    You could always run a manifold like the JDL wastegate priority manifold to help ease the creep issues. It would allow you to easily run a pipe from the mani to a front mount turbo.
    I don't understand why every manifold isn't 'wastegate priority' it's practically the most important part. If you can't properly control boost, then you just have a ticking time bomb. If you ever look at good v8 turbo setups on race cars, they are all 'wastegate priority' in the sense that there is always a very straight forward flow into the wastegate and the wastegate neck is always after the merge collector. Like here:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    I have a very strong feeling the tune and boost settings will not fix your problem. I went through this, and those things do not fix a physical problem with the manifold. Also, just because it works for someone else doesn't mean it will necessarily work for you; I am speaking from experience. Best of luck with everything.
    I'm going back and forth on that, i may end up getting it before i put the car down for winter rest at the end of the season and deal with the car as it sits right now for the time being

Quote Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
    That's the manifold i'm considering, if not i may just go Gangsta Lean, i have a whole year to figure out which one i'll go with.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    But I guess its worth a shot of the tune asjustment first, although I'd go straight to the souce: manifold
    Yea, me and the other two guys helping me with the car have been going back and forth, i think we all know what HAS to be done, but my wallet doesn't have the coin to make it happen now so i'll probably have to wait a little bit, and go with what i have for now.

Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    I don't understand why every manifold isn't 'wastegate priority' it's practically the most important part. If you can't properly control boost, then you just have a ticking time bomb. If you ever look at good v8 turbo setups on race cars, they are all 'wastegate priority' in the sense that there is always a very straight forward flow into the wastegate and the wastegate neck is always after the merge collector. Like here:
    Probably bang v buck, material costs, and profit... if i'd have to guess

Feedback Score
    Approx** 600hp E85 Street Tune
    Approx** 750hp Q16 Race Tune
    Well LOL looking back at the thread and cleaning it up a bit, we never thought it would do what it did LOL

Almost ready for Race Season!!!

Finish Trans (Fresh Oil)
    Turbo Return Line
    Driver Side Axle
    Boot is Leaking

Fuel Filter Install
    Yup... car didn't have one... thought it did... paid for one too... but nope didn't
    have one

IAT Sensor Install
    Re-positioning it

Intercooler Piping Reinstall

Wiring
    Chassis wiring, headlights, brake lights, reverse lights, turn signals, etc....
    car may "need" HIDs though

Vacuum Lines
    Considering a Push-Loc Setup

Uppipe Bracket
    My Uppipe moves when the engine is under load... vband FTL

That's what's pending so far
    Last edited by dkpr87; 01-07-2015 at 11:10 AM.

Feedback Score
    Update!

Sold my PLM and replaced it with a T4 Turbo Elements K Series Sidewinder Manifold

Had him relocate the WG Flange to the rear of the manifold to be able to access the wastegate easier

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Update!

Sold my PLM and replaced it with a T4 Turbo Elements K Series Sidewinder Manifold

Had him relocate the WG Flange to the rear of the manifold to be able to access the wastegate easier
    Sick man. Can't wait to see it up again. I am about to update my thread with info from the track last night.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1525 ... LastLast