Page 69 of 88 FirstFirst ... 19596979 ... LastLast

Thread: aLmk's Turbo FA5

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Deff progress being made.
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like what I see and I see what I like!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can anyone explain what this means? I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at in the diagram. I know what the no. 5 rocker is, but I just don't understand where they want the honda bond, and is it really only need to be on that side? Just seems odd:

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    NVM, I get it

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION] I know you suggested removing the oil feed for the turbo and use that to tell when the oil system is primed, but being this is an 8th gen that feed line is really difficult to install with the motor on the car, so do you remember about how long it took you to prime to oil system? Or could I also simply remove the drain line and use that to tell when it's ready?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Can anyone explain what this means? I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at in the diagram. I know what the no. 5 rocker is, but I just don't understand where they want the honda bond, and is it really only need to be on that side? Just seems odd:
    NVM, I get it
    I stared at that pic for like 15 min when i was assembling my rockers too wondering what i was looking at lol
    Need Parts? Click HERE

Wanna learn some wiring?
    Click HERE

PM me for wiring supplies and inquiries

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryaano18 View Post
    I stared at that pic for like 15 min when i was assembling my rockers too wondering what i was looking at lol
    Glad I'm not alone lol... I was like WTF?! and it was more confusing that it was just one side, since usually honda bond is used like a gasket that goes all the way around, but after installing I see why it's just the one side, the other side will be sealed by the valve cover.

Feedback Score
    [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION] I know you suggested removing the oil feed for the turbo and use that to tell when the oil system is primed, but being this is an 8th gen that feed line is really difficult to install with the motor on the car, so do you remember about how long it took you to prime to oil system? Or could I also simply remove the drain line and use that to tell when it's ready?
    Removing the drain line won't do any good just remove the spark plugs and crank it over that way it cranks faster and doesnt put to much load on everything .It should take maybe 30-60 seconds to prime up it may be less but it seems like forever haha .Do you have an oil pressure gauge ?
    You and that bubble ain't nothin but trouble

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    Removing the drain line won't do any good just remove the spark plugs and crank it over that way it cranks faster and doesnt put to much load on everything .It should take maybe 30-60 seconds to prime up it may be less but it seems like forever haha .Do you have an oil pressure gauge ?
    Why would removing the drain do no good? I was thinking I could unhook the drain line from the oil pan and wait till I see oil come out of it, would that not work? And yea was planning to do it that way, and by 30-60 seconds do you mean 30-60 seconds straight or in bursts? I just don't want to wear out the starter.

Feedback Score
    Actually that will work fine as well so long as the drain line bung in the pan is above the oil level and I just crank it over for a little bit .30 seconds shouldn't hurt that starter at all .Like I said it may be less than 30 seconds it just seems like forever when your waiting for oil pressure

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    You and that bubble ain't nothin but trouble

Page 69 of 88 FirstFirst ... 19596979 ... LastLast