Page 169 of 205 FirstFirst ... 69119159169179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2049

Thread: *CHAT* Nice weather, Club RSX bans, K-Swapped GTR, a Unicorn and will Rob's car ever be done chat

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Won't go into second with the motor off? Sounds like a shift fork over a synchro, but I would think that same shift fork would prevent it from going into 3rd as well.

I think the problem will be obvious once you open the trans. You'll see either a broken fork, or the synchro's teeth will be fucked up or the gear's engagement teeth may be sheered off or no longer have a nice cut to them.

The fork is not very hard to replace and neither are the synchros and all the bearings. For the synchros and bearings you just need a press. There is a really nice write up on 8th civic detailing the transmission tear down.
    Thanks for the response! well since i do plan on tearing it down, ill just have to play it by year and see what the underlying cause is. I wouldn't mind getting a press since they are not much money but when i see things like shimming this and that, then i get a little paranoid about doing the shafts myself (no pun intended).

Ive seen that thread and it is awesome, i have it favorit-ed as well as adams transmission tear down diy. I guess i have to wait and see how my confidence is when i tear it down. The main thing im worried about is taking off the gears and not aligning them properly and putting in wrong order
    Need Parts? Click HERE

Wanna learn some wiring?
    Click HERE

PM me for wiring supplies and inquiries

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottled Morphine View Post
    Pfft he can have his cake and eat it too. That guy slimrsx has a beautiful car and puts down some power. Thinks it's like root beer colored.

#fastest of the hypothetical/ prospective car crew member #1
    didn't say he couldn't do it. Just saying he didn't need to.

sent from my bomb ass Galaxy s5
    #doyouevenshiftbro
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetefromtheStreets View Post
    didn't say he couldn't do it. Just saying he didn't need to.

#doyouevenshiftbro
    true

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryaano18 View Post
    Thanks for the response! well since i do plan on tearing it down, ill just have to play it by year and see what the underlying cause is. I wouldn't mind getting a press since they are not much money but when i see things like shimming this and that, then i get a little paranoid about doing the shafts myself (no pun intended).

Ive seen that thread and it is awesome, i have it favorit-ed as well as adams transmission tear down diy. I guess i have to wait and see how my confidence is when i tear it down. The main thing im worried about is taking off the gears and not aligning them properly and putting in wrong order
    they won't go together into the transmission in the wrong order. However it will go together on each shaft in the wrong order. took me about 20 minuets to sort out the box of gears I got from [MENTION=185]aLmk[/MENTION]

#doyouevenshiftbro
    Tire slayer

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryaano18 View Post

It's really not that bad. I had never messed with the trans before and truly am a noob when it comes to stuff. This is the first car I've built and didn't grow up doing stuff like this, my dad's tool collection consists of a few adjustable wrenches lol. Since you'll be taking it apart just put them in a stack to keep them ordered or laid out in the order they go on. Also the synchros kinda only go on one way. Just remember it's smallest to biggest (1st to 6th) on the main shaft and largest to smallest on the counter shaft. The counter shaft gears 3-6 are all splined on the inside and the main shaft gears are not. Gears 1 and 2 are not splined in the counter shaft and ears 1 and 2 are actually part of the main shaft itself.
    they won't go together into the transmission in the wrong order. However it will go together on each shaft in the wrong order. took me about 20 minuets to sort out the box of gears I got from [MENTION=185]aLmk[/MENTION]

#doyouevenshiftbro
    He'll have it even easier since he will be tearing the trans down himself. You had to figure out which gear was what from a box filled with gears

Feedback Score
    then you don't need either motor nor trans built.

#doyouevenshiftbro
    dont tell me how to live!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottled Morphine View Post
    Pfft he can have his cake and eat it too. That guy slimrsx has a beautiful car and puts down some power. Thinks it's like root beer colored.

that guy is funny.....enough said.

Would a big twin screw setup whine at idle like the corvettes and mustangs do? That is one thing I love about those setups lol.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmenjoi33 View Post
    dont tell me how to live!

that guy is funny.....enough said.

Would a big twin screw setup whine at idle like the corvettes and mustangs do? That is one thing I love about those setups lol.
    my bad. live yo life fool. And no. lol. You need my blower

#doyouevenshiftbro
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    then you don't need either motor nor trans built.

#doyouevenshiftbro
    my bad. live yo life fool. And no. lol. You need my blower

#doyouevenshiftbro
    This car isnt gunna be a show queen, im gunna beat it like you until it breaks and then kill myself.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmenjoi33 View Post
    This car isnt gunna be a show queen, im gunna beat it like you until it breaks and then kill myself.
    then sell it now and get a evo. lol

#doyouevenshiftbro
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score

#doyouevenshiftbro
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    It's really not that bad. I had never messed with the trans before and truly am a noob when it comes to stuff. This is the first car I've built and didn't grow up doing stuff like this, my dad's tool collection consists of a few adjustable wrenches lol. Since you'll be taking it apart just put them in a stack to keep them ordered or laid out in the order they go on. Also the synchros kinda only go on one way. Just remember it's smallest to biggest (1st to 6th) on the main shaft and largest to smallest on the counter shaft. The counter shaft gears 3-6 are all splined on the inside and the main shaft gears are not. Gears 1 and 2 are not splined in the counter shaft and ears 1 and 2 are actually part of the main shaft itself.

He'll have it even easier since he will be tearing the trans down himself. You had to figure out which gear was what from a box filled with gears
    You guys are awesome. Thanks for the advice! hopefully the tranny will come before the weekend so i can spend Saturday tearing it open. Just need to pick up a 14mm allen and snap ring pliers. I have the helms handy but still just wanted to make sure i knew what was going on before i dove into it
    Need Parts? Click HERE

Wanna learn some wiring?
    Click HERE

PM me for wiring supplies and inquiries

Page 169 of 205 FirstFirst ... 69119159169179 ... LastLast