Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast

Thread: BoostedK20.com OG Hatch Build - Mild Restoration Has Begun!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would like [MENTION=228]Jaydee[/MENTION]'s opinion on this. And [MENTION=789]VitViper[/MENTION] [MENTION=830]dkpr87[/MENTION] [MENTION=98]stage2auto[/MENTION]

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Delete

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Whichever power plant and uh lots of Booooooooooooooooost! looks good man, good stuff!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    I would like [MENTION=228]Jaydee[/MENTION]'s opinion on this. And [MENTION=789]VitViper[/MENTION] [MENTION=830]dkpr87[/MENTION] [MENTION=98]stage2auto[/MENTION]
    To each his own honestly, it all really depends on what your goals are with the build. Personally, i plan on toying with a 2.2 Destroked K24 for my next build once this block goes, or just a plain jane K20 built to the T.

With my build it's all about using the most out of the powerband as possible, so it all depends on what your goal is.

I've seen [MENTION=228]Jaydee[/MENTION]'s build, and it's SICK! i'd certainly be in to hear his opinions!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone thinking about a thicker head gasket on a stock motor? Also, [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION] what did we talk about at MIR with that energizer bunny K20 you had? You mentioned you swapped each head stud individually, so the motor was never opened up. And some other goodies. Remember?

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    You just pull the cams and then just remove one head bolt , install new head stud torque it and repeat the process til all the head bolts have been replaced with head studs just do it one at a time .Then re install the cams you never pull the head .

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    You and that bubble ain't nothin but trouble

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Anyone thinking about a thicker head gasket on a stock motor? Also, [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION] what did we talk about at MIR with that energizer bunny K20 you had? You mentioned you swapped each head stud individually, so the motor was never opened up. And some other goodies. Remember?
    I think to make the thicker head gasket work you need to modify the timing chain. Also if you're building a race car, I would do it right and change compression with the pistons/decking on the head.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    You just pull the cams and then just remove one head bolt , install new head stud torque it and repeat the process til all the head bolts have been replaced with head studs just do it one at a time .Then re install the cams you never pull the head .

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Gotchya. Think thats a good route for the build?
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    I think to make the thicker head gasket work you need to modify the timing chain. Also if you're building a race car, I would do it right and change compression with the pistons/decking on the head.
    Absolutely agreed. Just bringing to light for chat.

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    yup couldn't agree more. deff be better to just do pistons and decking or just pistons whatever the budget allows to drop compression over just a thicker head gasket. IMO

Feedback Score
    And like stated before i think the decision of the goals for the build need to be set first before you decide on what motor set up to go with and all the good stuff that comes with it.
    If it was me, i would decide on the goals for the car long and short term, and the budget. Then i think its easier to set everything else up for the build.

By short and long term goals i mean if your budget allows you to accomplish your ultimate goal for the build from the start then there is no need for a short term. How ever if for example, your ultimate goal is a 9 second car but the budget only allows for mid 10 second power levels then you have your short and long and you can build accordingly so that you don't have to go back and spend double the money rather then just upgrade. I hope it makes sense lol

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast