Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: marsman328's Sheepey Built DC5 Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marsman328 View Post
    Thanks man.

Money is the only thing holding me back at this point to finish. I've spent..... $(a large sum of money)... just in the past 3 months to get it ready for SEMA, and i have a couple thousand left to spend, so I'm just saving my pennies to finish up by the end of the year. (tune, brake booster delete kit, fluids, misc parts, misc fittings)

i am the type of guy that takes pictures of everything lol

i have a lot of pictures that i have not posted yet, i always take a lot of pictures, so ill be posting more updates as the build slowly gets finished.
    Glad you take pictures of everything, that's a good habit to have! I remember times where I wish I could remember how something went before I took it apart, and I always hear the 'well if you had a smart phone you could take a picture' line. Cool man, looking forward to your updates and pictures for sure!

Also, money is definitely a holder-backer. I saw a video meme on facebook earlier today about 'oh you need to work on your car? I got exactly the tool you need!' and it's a massive tool chest. The guy pulls out the drawer and it's all $100 bills. I was

Feedback Score
    lol thats pretty much the reality of it!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [MENTION=17]marsman328[/MENTION] Glad to see you made it on here! I've been MIA for a while, but I remember you from the crsx days when I was on there. Build is looking great! Definitely SEMA worthy, that's one hell of an achievement! Congratulations for sure. Hope all is well man, looking forward to your build progress over the winter!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Any reason why your extending the fuse box wiring?

I am in the process of mounting my fuse box in the same spot in my EP. I've deleted my heater/ blower unit so I have a ton of space behind the dash. I was planning on just pulling the fuse box harness back through the firewall. Maybe have to extend a few wires but it doesn't look too bad. Am I missing something or are you doing it another way?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    [MENTION=17]marsman328[/MENTION] Glad to see you made it on here! I've been MIA for a while, but I remember you from the crsx days when I was on there. Build is looking great! Definitely SEMA worthy, that's one hell of an achievement! Congratulations for sure. Hope all is well man, looking forward to your build progress over the winter!
    thanks homie!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluEP3_SC View Post
    Any reason why your extending the fuse box wiring?

I am in the process of mounting my fuse box in the same spot in my EP. I've deleted my heater/ blower unit so I have a ton of space behind the dash. I was planning on just pulling the fuse box harness back through the firewall. Maybe have to extend a few wires but it doesn't look too bad. Am I missing something or are you doing it another way?
    The hole in the firewall where the heasdlight/fusebox harness travels through, is at the bottom of the firewall under the brake booster. Factory location for the fuse box is in the engine bay next to the driver side shock tower.

I am extending the wires to go through that same hole, along the inside of the dash, and to the passenger air bag area where the box is mounted.

There is maybe 12 inches of wire that would let me swing the box to another location like under the driver headlight (the location that I had it mounted previously).

To mount the box where I want in the passenger air bag area I have to extend 11 wires 103", and 21 wires 73". I will need approximately 183 feet of 18 gauge wire, and 39 feet of 12 gauge wire.

I don't see how you would be able to mount you box I the same location that I am going through extending the wires. If you can successfully do this please post up some pictures, I would love to see your process. The EP is very similar wiring and component location wise to RSX

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marsman328 View Post
    thanks homie!!

The hole in the firewall where the heasdlight/fusebox harness travels through, is at the bottom of the firewall under the brake booster. Factory location for the fuse box is in the engine bay next to the driver side shock tower.

I am extending the wires to go through that same hole, along the inside of the dash, and to the passenger air bag area where the box is mounted.

There is maybe 12 inches of wire that would let me swing the box to another location like under the driver headlight (the location that I had it mounted previously).

To mount the box where I want in the passenger air bag area I have to extend 11 wires 103", and 21 wires 73". I will need approximately 183 feet of 18 gauge wire, and 39 feet of 12 gauge wire.

I don't see how you would be able to mount you box I the same location that I am going through extending the wires. If you can successfully do this please post up some pictures, I would love to see your process. The EP is very similar wiring and component location wise to RSX
    Well for starters- just from what I can see- my fuse box wiring harness does not go into the cabin under the brake booster- but on the passenger side under the engine harness. So I have a good amount of wire length to play with. I will have to see exactly how much- but I can't imagine that i will have to extend anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Well for starters- just from what I can see- my fuse box wiring harness does not go into the cabin under the brake booster- but on the passenger side under the engine harness. So I have a good amount of wire length to play with. I will have to see exactly how much- but I can't imagine that i will have to extend anything.
    That would make it much easier being on the passenger side by the engine harness. For the RSX I will have to extend everything unfortunately

Feedback Score

This is what I'm talking about- I have probably 5-6 ft of wire in the bay to play with once I pull it through the the firewall. I can see what issues you might have if your harness pulled through on the other side- that would explain why you need to extend the wires. I'm just starting this project so I'm just double checking to make sure I'm not over looking something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BoostedK20; 12-07-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Feedback Score
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449435828.062133.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449435905.516184.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1449435943.289440.jpg
    This is what I'm talking about- I have probably 5-6 ft of wire in the bay to play with once I pull it through the the firewall. I can see what issues you might have if your harness pulled through on the other side- that would explain why you need to extend the wires. I'm just starting this project so I'm just double checking to make sure I'm not over looking something
    I see, gotcha. ill have to take some more detailed pictures and post

Feedback Score
    Awesome car, had to follow you on insta. more updates please. =]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast