Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1626 ... LastLast

Thread: My a2 billet 6265 turbo build

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuBBaSBuBBLE View Post
    Sounds good I'll email him first thing in the morning. Thanks martin. -Sal
    BWR manifolds have been known to creep. But it sounds like you need a 4-port for such a small spring. A 4-port solenoid will force your wastegate to maintain better boost levels

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Faulty manifold design. A 4 port solenoid isn't going to fix the problem.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Still a buster.

Actually, that's not necessarily true. It could be a minimal boost leak from a coupler, incorrectly routed vacuum lines, or something else to that matter. So you have a few options to see what's going on. Let's begin diagnosing. What's your vac line setup?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's a great topic ill start a thread on next vac routing diagram!!!! Thanks pal.
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Many people have had issues with creep for having too small of a wastegate spring. It could be quite a few incorrect factors, and doesn't necessarily mean it's strictly poor manifold design. [MENTION=878]civicgrl89[/MENTION] has a BWR manifold in her hatch and doesn't have crazy 6x boost creep issues.

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedK20 View Post
    Many people have had issues with creep for having too small of a wastegate spring. It could be quite a few incorrect factors, and doesn't necessarily mean it's strictly poor manifold design. [MENTION=878]civicgrl89[/MENTION] has a BWR manifold in her hatch and doesn't have crazy 6x boost creep issues.
    I love my BWR manifold, no complaints here

K SERIES QUEEN 👑🔰🚦🚗

Feedback Score
    I have a question isn't BWR nothing more than skunk2 or higher end skunk 2 parts if such a thing exist ?
    You and that bubble ain't nothin but trouble

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Still a buster.

Actually, that's not necessarily true. It could be a minimal boost leak from a coupler, incorrectly routed vacuum lines, or something else to that matter. So you have a few options to see what's going on. Let's begin diagnosing. What's your vac line setup?
    The only thing that causes creep is the wastegate and it's related parts. So if the vac line going to the bottom port if the gate has a leak, you may see some creep. If there is a leak in a coupler you would actually lose boost not creep above wastegate. If the lines were hooked to wrong to the wastegate you would creep so instantly to boost cut it isn't even funny (has happened to me when I was making sure my lines were hooked up correctly way back when I had serious boost creep issues). Another cause although unlikely is the diaphragm in the wastegate is torn. But I would say it's damn likely it's the manifold if many people have boost creep issues on that manifold.

What size wastegate is it? A larger gate will help some, but if the manifold is not designed to flow well to the wastegate a larger gate will only do so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedK20 View Post
    A small wastegate spring doesn't cause creep. If it isn't creeping for someone on a larger spring it just means the creep is being somewhat offset by the larger spring. Basically a small spring really tests the manifolds design to see if it can flow well for power and still have very good flow to the wastegate for proper boost control. [MENTION=789]VitViper[/MENTION]

Feedback Score
    all i did was change my vaccum lines to a thicker line and new stainless pushlock fittings. It creeps 1-2 psi if that. I dont even have a name brand manifold, its a company DB fab that did it 3 years ago. Now, i did however port the hell out of the collector and wastegate runner.

Im running a 10psi spring.
    2001 Boosted Built k20a2 Billet BB 6766BB

2013=579whp 406trq @ 24 psi c16
    10.87@137mph

2014= 510whp 370trq @ 18psi pump gas

2015= 7xx @ 30psi??

Feedback Score
    I might as well give a little update.

I brought my precision 6265 DBB turbo to WCF so Precision could take a look at it. The exaust seal was leaking i guess, so they kept it. I received it back in 2 weeks, 200 bucks TOTAL (including shipping to canada) for a complete tear down, rebalance, seals, cleaned and a new restrictor inside. I was amazed with how it looks.

No shaft play. Im excited to get it back installed and running.

Picked up a DEI turbo blanket for 80 bucks at WCF

and got one of these.

AFI manifold

but of course, i need to delete my power steering because the runners come in contact. I grabbed a karcepts ac/ps kit. Next is to sell my id1000 in favor of some 2200s, and find a twin disc.

Id like to get 600-650whp this year and run some mid 10s. Id be extremely happy with a mid 10 second street car :P
    2001 Boosted Built k20a2 Billet BB 6766BB

2013=579whp 406trq @ 24 psi c16
    10.87@137mph

2014= 510whp 370trq @ 18psi pump gas

2015= 7xx @ 30psi??

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1626 ... LastLast