Page 59 of 106 FirstFirst ... 9495969 ... LastLast

Thread: BoostedK20 Chat!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: BoostedK20 Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Hahaha. "No pun intended" thats great. Lolol. Fish tank looks good man. Deff not worth a 2 min bulb swap

s4 petefromthestreets
    Thanks bud, I'm happy with the overall result. Was thinking of doing the mario theme though:

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Thanks bud, I'm happy with the overall result. Was thinking of doing the mario theme though:
    That would be sick

s4 petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Next boost related question:

My ballin Moroso Aluminum Vented catch can is connected to my VC breather and my punched-out PCV. At idle, when the car is warmed up, smoke comes out of the catch can filter on top. Smells odd, kind of like burned oil. Whatever it is, it doesn't smell great. Catch can is mounted in the front of the bay by the fans/radiator.

What do I do? Gonna check my oil level in a few.

Edit: checked my oil with the car ice cold and off, its a tad when it wasn't when I did my last oil change 1,000 miles ago.. heres the color/amount:

And heres my catch can location. Im always secretive about my bay so people don't jock my shit but whatever. It is what it is. Here you go:

And the last pic made me realize that my catch can filter is dirtyasfuck. Clean it or buy a new one? Used to be white.
    [MENTION=56]Adm_rsx[/MENTION] [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION] [MENTION=217]snizzletoff[/MENTION] [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION] [MENTION=789]VitViper[/MENTION] [MENTION=231]Rbsjnh[/MENTION]
    Last edited by Si Speed 317; 05-05-2013 at 07:40 PM.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Well the one thing I noticed is your catch can is mounted right next to the engine air filter. I don't really like that idea as your trying to get the oil vapors out of the engine and intake track. I would see if it could possibly go elsewhere if it were my car .As far as the filter you could replace it if it bothers ya being dirty but that's what happens to them .The oil really doesn't look to bad to me and I can say this every Honda I have had with a catch can I have always smelled oil vapor especially after hard pulls.Your venting it to the atmosphere so your gonna smell the vapor especially if its being blown back to you by the cooling fans .

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    Well the one thing I noticed is your catch can is mounted right next to the engine air filter. I don't really like that idea as your trying to get the oil vapors out of the engine and intake track. I would see if it could possibly go elsewhere if it were my car .As far as the filter you could replace it if it bothers ya being dirty but that's what happens to them .The oil really doesn't look to bad to me and I can say this every Honda I have had with a catch can I have always smelled oil vapor especially after hard pulls.Your venting it to the atmosphere so your gonna smell the vapor especially if its being blown back to you by the cooling fans .
    I never thought of that. Very good point about the filters being close. But would that cause anything? Also, last oil change I did, a bunch of water came out of my catch can. Only a little bit of oil blow-by though. What reason would there be smoke out of the catch can?

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    The only issue I see is it pulling in the oil vapor and possibly causing the cc filter to get dirty faster and we all know oil vapor doesn't help make hp .A little smoke from the cc is normal a lot is not good really depends on how much smoke we are talking about .Does your catch can have a drain back to the pan or do you drain it manually ? Condensation happens especially in cooler temps so if the cc doesn't drain back to the pan then the condensation is staying in the catch can til you drain it .
    Last edited by vdubkilla; 05-05-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I agree with [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION] the oils clean and for the location. The catch can, do you have any type of steel wool in it? Evidently you put some "0000" grade in it and it will liquify it and should be less vapors escaping the can.

s4 petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    what oil weight u using.

Mine smells odd but my filter is still like new not oily, but also im only venting the vc to it

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    The only issue I see is it pulling in the oil vapor and possibly causing the cc filter to get dirty faster and we all know oil vapor doesn't help make hp .A little smoke from the cc is normal a lot is not good really depends on how much smoke we are talking about .Does your catch can have a drain back to the pan or do you drain it manually ? Condensation happens especially in cooler temps so if the cc doesn't drain back to the pan then the condensation is staying in the catch can til you drain it .
    It's only a little smoke, it's not like a choochoo train. It has a petcock :fuu: that I drain manually, and I figures out the issue. My CC is definitely filled with water. Listened to it last night and heard lots of gurgling. Going to drain it shortly. As for the filter locations, I have an idea:

Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    I agree with [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION] the oils clean and for the location. The catch can, do you have any type of steel wool in it? Evidently you put some "0000" grade in it and it will liquify it and should be less vapors escaping the can.

s4 petefromthestreets
    Unfortunately, it's a baffled can and I can't fit any steel wool in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    what oil weight u using.

Mine smells odd but my filter is still like new not oily, but also im only venting the vc to it
    I use Mobil 1 0W40 European formula

My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    I use Mobil 1 0W40 European formula
    Why 0w oil?

s4 petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer