Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM K20Z2 Motor Questions

Feedback Score

JDM K20Z2 Motor Questions

Hi guys, im driving a Civic Fd2 with k20z2 motor which is very similar to k20a3 and had a head swap + RRC piston + Fd2r oil pump and the ECU which has been reflashed by HONDATA..can the stock rod and crank survive at 8k rpm?By the way, im from Malaysia..Thanks

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    Hi guys, im driving a Civic Fd2 with k20z2 motor which is very similar to k20a3 and had a head swap + RRC piston + Fd2r oil pump and the ECU which has been reflashed by HONDATA..can the stock rod and crank survive at 8k rpm?By the way, im from Malaysia..Thanks
    Being that I've personally never tested or done anything with that motor I honestly cannot tell if it can or cant........ But knowing that they are pretty similar in specs and built pretty close I would say setting the rev limiter in the range of 7500 would be "100% safe". But check the graph once your getting tuned, and if the power is falling off at 7500 there is no need to rev higher anyway ya know. Maybe push it 8k max but anymore than that I wouldn't guarantee it holding up.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Moved your posts to your own new thread for reference and organization. [MENTION=56]PetefromtheStreets[/MENTION] [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION] [MENTION=921]Frostydc5[/MENTION] [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION] [MENTION=28]Spaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=193]Xander[/MENTION] [MENTION=287]bulliedog[/MENTION] These guys should be able to answer this for you.

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My guess is 7600 like the stock k24a2 I had is the max I'd rev as im not all that familiar with the k20a3 nor your z2 but at 7600 you should do well.

The crank I'm sure youd have no problems with at 8k. But the rod bolts is your only foreseeable weak point.

When you installed the RRC pistons did you use RRC rods as well? [MENTION=1126]nomad[/MENTION]
    Last edited by BoostedK20; 10-14-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetefromtheStreets View Post
    My guess is 7600 like the stock k24a2 I had is the max I'd rev as im not all that familiar with the k20a3 nor your z2 but at 7600 you should do well.

The crank I'm sure youd have no problems with at 8k. But the rod bolts is your only foreseeable weak point.

When you installed the RRC pistons did you use RRC rods as well?
    Well said x2
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Feedback Score

When you installed the RRC pistons did you use RRC rods as well? [MENTION=1126]nomad[/MENTION]
    Thanks for the reply..no, i didnt change the RRC rod as the size are bigger and cant be fitted into the stock k20z2 crank shaft..but the pistons are interchangeable..

Here's are my mod:
    1. k20 cl7 cylinder head
    2. k20 FD2r camshaft
    3. k24a2 310cc injectors
    4. RRC 11.7 CR pistons
    5. RRC intake manifold & throttle body
    6. Hondata flash pro
    7. Fd2R 6 speed MT gearbox

My foreman told me it could make 200 whp or higher with higher RPM (>8k) but i was afraid as it might just blow out...well, after reading your post i'll stick to my current 7600 rpm..thanks guys...

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply..no, i didnt change the RRC rod as the size are bigger and cant be fitted into the stock k20z2 crank shaft..but the pistons are interchangeable..

Here's are my mod:
    1. k20 cl7 cylinder head
    2. k20 FD2r camshaft
    3. k24a2 310cc injectors
    4. RRC 11.7 CR pistons
    5. RRC intake manifold & throttle body
    6. Hondata flash pro
    7. Fd2R 6 speed MT gearbox

My foreman told me it could make 200 whp or higher with higher RPM (>8k) but i was afraid as it might just blow out...well, after reading your post i'll stick to my current 7600 rpm..thanks guys...
    Gotcha gotcha. Yea I would play it safe but im pretty sure you can make ~220ish whp with the mods you've listed. Even at only 7600rpm.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Gotcha gotcha. Yea I would play it safe but im pretty sure you can make ~220ish whp with the mods you've listed. Even at only 7600rpm.
    thanks for the advice..im still on running in period and will bring it for dyno soon and will upload the chart..hopefully it can make ~200 whp..

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    thanks for the advice..im still on running in period and will bring it for dyno soon and will upload the chart..hopefully it can make ~200 whp..
    Please keep us updated with information, pictures, and even video!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    i will definitely do..thanks guy

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast