Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast

Thread: BoostedK20.com OG Hatch Build - Mild Restoration Has Begun!

Feedback Score
    Cant believe its matching numbers and all and your gona tear it up, lol it hurts my heart. Still looking forward to it haha

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    much respect to this build to come

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    Will ya look at thattt just look at it will ya ...a carburetor lol don't see many of those still around on Hondas that pic reminds me of my first car it was a carb'd 1237 cc a little older than the car you just bought it made a whopping 65 hp I think it was a terd but I loved that little car anyway it was my first car .

It's fun! I'll actually be charging the battery overnight, and tinker with the car tomorrow if the weather holds up. Came with a new car dontchya know! I'll need to drop the gas tank and likely blow out the fuel line(s). Metal gas tanks are a sure thing of the past.

As for your old Honda, I'm not that far ahead of you at 67hp! 2hp on a 1500hp car should definitely be noticeable on the butt dyno. Got any pics of it? Great first car!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostydc5 View Post
    Cant believe its matching numbers and all and your gona tear it up, lol it hurts my heart. Still looking forward to it haha
    Well, they say the demolition is half the fun! The end result will be nutty though. Very excited. Just need a good projekt name before moving forward to figure out what motor is best!
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    much respect to this build to come
    Thank you very much!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Very nice find!

We are on board to help.

When is the engine going to be added to the thread?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedK20 View Post

It's fun! I'll actually be charging the battery overnight, and tinker with the car tomorrow if the weather holds up. Came with a new car dontchya know! I'll need to drop the gas tank and likely blow out the fuel line(s). Metal gas tanks are a sure thing of the past.

As for your old Honda, I'm not that far ahead of you at 67hp! 2hp on a 1500hp car should definitely be noticeable on the butt dyno. Got any pics of it? Great first car!

Well, they say the demolition is half the fun! The end result will be nutty though. Very excited. Just need a good projekt name before moving forward to figure out what motor is best!

Thank you very much!
    LOL I was gonna link that video haha How long has the car ya bought been sitting ? I still have a metal tank in my car and your right everything is plastic these days .I actually don't have any pics of my first car as it was a 1977 civic hatch that I bought in 1986 lol remember I'm old and cell phones were not in everyone's pocket back then like they are now with cameras. Hell we still had Polaroids that ya had to wait for the pic to develop after it came out of the bottom of the camera haha here is what the car looked like though

it was a 2 speed Hondamatic only had 2 gears I use to run 1 st to 55 mph then 2 nd I blew up 4 engines in 240,000 miles but could change em out in mere hours lol I am trying to think of a good name to suggest for this project but am drawing a blank right now .
    Last edited by vdubkilla; 11-13-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    You and that bubble ain't nothin but trouble

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thank you very much!
    Aren't you putting a k20 in it and boosting?

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyman View Post
    Very nice find!

We are on board to help.

When is the engine going to be added to the thread?
    Thanks! Not sure yet, that's what's next to decide. First will be the battle of K20 or K24, and second will be attaining one.
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    LOL I was gonna link that video haha How long has the car ya bought been sitting ? I still have a metal tank in my car and your right everything is plastic these days .I actually don't have any pics of my first car as it was a 1977 civic hatch that I bought in 1986 lol remember I'm old and cell phones were not in everyone's pocket back then like they are now with cameras. Hell we still had Polaroids that ya had to wait for the pic to develop after it came out of the bottom of the camera haha here is what the car looked like though

it was a 2 speed Hondamatic only had 2 gears I use to run 1 st to 55 mph then 2 nd I blew up 4 engines in 240,000 miles but could change em out in mere hours lol I am trying to think of a good name to suggest for this project but am drawing a blank right now .
    She's an original beaut! You blew up 4 engines back then? Some things just never change.

I'm not sure how long the car sat, but the big fuel pump and metal tank part should be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Aren't you putting a k20 in it and boosting?
    A k-something and boosting it, yes. We will have a hell of a manifold to show the world how it's done!

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What K-series motor should we go with and why? Please be elaborate with your responses.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What K-series motor should we go with and why? Please be elaborate with your responses.
    The car is going to be drag car right? If so, I think a k20 would be the best bet as you can rev much higher and you won't really need the extra .4 ltr of displacement from the k24 and boost will make up for that and then some. IMO the k20 is better for a turbo almost entirely because it can rev higher.

Feedback Score
    K 20 higher revving will make more power than you'll ever need !
    You and that bubble ain't nothin but trouble

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast