Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 263646 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuild take IV

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryaano18 View Post
    How did you order this kit? i need to order the complete setup as well tomorrow but the everything together is like 400ish dollars from delray. I looked on kmods website and I only saw the modified ones
    That's what I bought. The kmod modified oil pump. I'm sure you could call them and talk if they ever answer the phone. But marquis did email me right back when I sent him a message

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Cage plus radio member #1
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PetefromtheStreets View Post
    That's what I bought. The kmod modified oil pump. I'm sure you could call them and talk if they ever answer the phone. But marquis did email me right back when I sent him a message

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    awesome, ill send them an email and see what they say. Thanks for the help!

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryaano18 View Post
    awesome, ill send them an email and see what they say. Thanks for the help!
    Np dude. Anytime

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Finished the bracket for the relays.

I'm designing a box to go around the relays and to help seal them from directly getting wet. It will be designed with magic's cad software then 3d printed out of ABS plastic in FDM on a printer I have at my terrific job. FDM is shirt for Fused Deposition Modeling. It's a process in which how you build the part. It will then be copper and nickel plated by me at my job. I could keep it in plastic but I would prefer the strength increase. And it's also what I do for a living. Then I will paint it to keep it from staining. (nickel stains very easily if it gets wet.)

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Last edited by PetefromtheStreets; 01-15-2014 at 01:37 AM.
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You fancy

Fuel system king crew member #1

Feedback Score
    Just one word...awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
    Just one word...awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottled Morphine View Post
    You fancy

Fuel system king crew member #1
    Thanks guys.

Did a little work on the motor tonight....

Got the oil pump on
    Pump Baffle on
    Guides for oil pump

Started to work my way up when I realized I didn't get everything I needed back from the machine shop. But it's only bolts so I'm ordering new ones tomorrow. As well as o-ring gaskets for misc parts around the motor.

Also installed the rocker assembly and cams. If it's one thing I hate it's putting the damn rocker assembly on the head. They just have a mind of their own and pins comes out every which way.... Goojesus is a headache. But that is done.

I'm also getting a z3 top cam chain guide. They are longer and cover more of the gear vs my factory z1 guide.

Gets a few pics of what's done or started...

Also started on the cad work for my relay cover box.

And cleaned up the wiring in the relays. Had to do that to get accurate dimensions to start working on the cad.

That's all for now. Stay tuned...

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So today I had my son help me with my engine. I have a coupe videos here just showing him helping me out. Was good to get him involved in my hobby a d he truly took an interest.

Here he was helping my lay some gasket maker on the water pump assembly

And spreading it around to make it even

Taking the bolts out of the water pump itself.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cuo2r17gs...113_203701.mp4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bvqj07inv...113_204430.mp4

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    This is awesome! Aidan's gonna know more than me by the time he's 6 if he's working with you! And that's awesome, he'll get all the chicks (@civicgrl89)
    Haha yea he was bookin on them fools in ny already. Lol

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    He stunts hard man!
    Finished the bracket for the relays.

I'm designing a box to go around the relays and to help seal them from directly getting wet. It will be designed with magic's cad software then 3d printed out of ABS plastic in FDM on a printer I have at my terrific job. FDM is shirt for Fused Deposition Modeling. It's a process in which how you build the part. It will then be copper and nickel plated by me at my job. I could keep it in plastic but I would prefer the strength increase. And it's also what I do for a living. Then I will paint it to keep it from staining. (nickel stains very easily if it gets wet.)

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    I like the bracket layout! Box is a great idea. Where are you going to mount it in the car, the front bumper?
    Thanks guys.

Did a little work on the motor tonight....

Got the oil pump on
    Pump Baffle on
    Guides for oil pump

Started to work my way up when I realized I didn't get everything I needed back from the machine shop. But it's only bolts so I'm ordering new ones tomorrow. As well as o-ring gaskets for misc parts around the motor.

Also installed the rocker assembly and cams. If it's one thing I hate it's putting the damn rocker assembly on the head. They just have a mind of their own and pins comes out every which way.... Goojesus is a headache. But that is done.

I'm also getting a z3 top cam chain guide. They are longer and cover more of the gear vs my factory z1 guide.

Gets a few pics of what's done or started...

Also started on the cad work for my relay cover box.

And cleaned up the wiring in the relays. Had to do that to get accurate dimensions to start working on the cad.

That's all for now. Stay tuned...

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Awesome! I took CAD 1 and 2 back in high school. I loved that program! Talk about intricate, and this was 7 or 8 years ago. Must be far more developed by now! And as far as the chain guide is concerned, I remember [MENTION=209]ksboi[/MENTION] posted a chain guide or chain protector a while back which was definitely a good idea. You think about that?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    as far as the chain guide is concerned, I remember [MENTION=209]ksboi[/MENTION] posted a chain guide or chain protector a while back which was definitely a good idea. You think about that?
    That was a lower timing chain guide and he actually just got one. I put one on my motor while doing the timing chain and it's nice, keeps the chain in the right spot even if tensioner and all other guides are removed. Would be very helpful with doing cam changes, but also adds some reassurance that the chain won't jump a tooth.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    This is awesome! Aidan's gonna know more than me by the time he's 6 if he's working with you! And that's awesome, he'll get all the chicks (@civicgrl89)

He stunts hard man!

I like the bracket layout! Box is a great idea. Where are you going to mount it in the car, the front bumper?

Awesome! I took CAD 1 and 2 back in high school. I loved that program! Talk about intricate, and this was 7 or 8 years ago. Must be far more developed by now! And as far as the chain guide is concerned, I remember [MENTION=209]ksboi[/MENTION] posted a chain guide or chain protector a while back which was definitely a good idea. You think about that?
    Haha yea he should know quite a bit by then. If he's interested that is. And Yup hell have a turbo or Supercharged car in high school. That should bring in some girls.

And thanks the relays will be mounted in the wheel well bumper area Yup! And the box should help keep moisture out. Cad work on the new magics is a pain. My boss is actually making it with the specs I have and he was having a tough time finding all the commands on there.

And [MENTION=185]aLmk[/MENTION] is right. I bought a lower timing chain guide. Is on the motor in a couple pics. Gotta zoom in close to the oil pump

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 263646 ... LastLast