Page 47 of 88 FirstFirst ... 374757 ... LastLast

Thread: aLmk's Turbo FA5

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    This is awesome. Welcome!

Mine too, u jelly? #GT30Rfanboi

Dude, post this in the log vs tubular manifold thread. This is exactly why it's so important to go tubular. Glad you enjoy it! Sleeeeeeper
    Another reason is, that this shit like never knocks! My log setup would knock at least once every pull. I have yet to see my check engine light flash with this new setup even as we've added boost. For those that don't know, now on flashpro if you use the civic cals, you can set it up so your check engine light flashes when knock is detected. On the old 'race' cals this wasn't an option.

Dan, where is that thread?

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Exactly! Thats pretty cool, and IIRC it's in the... uh... general turbocharged I think. I'll stick with that.

Side note: i was in my buddy's 335is and his tuner uses his entire gauge cluster. Gas is boost, temp is timing, its sick.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Exactly! Thats pretty cool, and IIRC it's in the... uh... general turbocharged I think. I'll stick with that.

Side note: i was in my buddy's 335is and his tuner uses his entire gauge cluster. Gas is boost, temp is timing, its sick.
    Gotcha, ya the only things available to us at this point in the civic cals are flash check engine light for knock, and flash alternator light when TC is active.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Gotcha, ya the only things available to us at this point in the civic cals are flash check engine light for knock, and flash alternator light when TC is active.
    This is good to know. I need to talk to Vit

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    More funsies

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So today I check my valve lash and adjusted the ones that were out of spec. This included every exhaust valve and some of the intake valves. All the valves that were adjusted were too tight, does that sound right? I ask this because tonight when I went to make my first drive after doing the valve adjustment, I was getting knock at low rpm and a lot of it. I knew I was because my CEL flashes each time the ecu detects knock (hybrid cal feature). When I checked the datalog it had something like 40+ knock counts and all I did was drive through my neighborhood and back, didn't go above 3k rpm. Could a valve adjustment caused this? Is this coincidence? I did disconnected a few injector clips while doing it just to give myself room, but I of course reconnected them... Any thoughts? I followed the service manual when doing the valve adjustment, but it's pretty awkward getting even angled feeler gauges in there, maybe my readings were throw off? I'd love any input as I'm not quite sure where to start here.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes valvelash is your issue.

When I first did mine I had a shit load of knock under vtec.

Once I re did it never ever seen knock not even the night timing jumped. Redo it man.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    Yes valvelash is your issue.

When I first did mine I had a shit load of knock under vtec.

Once I re did it never ever seen knock not even the night timing jumped. Redo it man.
    Alright that's what my plan was, I'm just not quite sure what I did wrong. Does it sound right that I needed to add space to all the ones that needed adjustment? Any suggestions for doing it successfully? Maybe I wasn't anal enough about being at tdc on each cylinder... The motor likes to turn past tdc and I figured it would be OK if it wasn't exact. O well I'll re do it tomorrow I guess

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are u using the right tools.

And to spin the crank easier remove the spark plugs and make sure the middle lobe off the cam of the desired cyl is not resting on the rocker.
    Measure twice and lock em up.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If u need to bend the tip of the lash too. To get up in there easier and hassle free

Page 47 of 88 FirstFirst ... 374757 ... LastLast