Thread: Lets talk Gears ..Options ? Differences ? Ratios ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personally if you daily your car you won't be racing therefore wouldn't have a need for gears as such. It would be best to stick with the helical cut synchro PPG set. But when your spending 5k+ on them I'd rather get the straight cuts plus PPG only offers a 1-4 gear set so you still have 5th and in some cases 6th gears to use on highways so noise is more then stock but who's car here who needs a built trans isn't louder then stock already?

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Cage plus radio member #1
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Personally if you daily your car you won't be racing therefore wouldn't have a need for gears as such. It would be best to stick with the helical cut synchro PPG set. But when your spending 5k+ on them I'd rather get the straight cuts plus PPG only offers a 1-4 gear set so you still have 5th and in some cases 6th gears to use on highways so noise is more then stock but who's car here who needs a built trans isn't louder then stock already?

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Yeah man i know what your saying, in my case the car is going on the track this upcoming season, this winter is going to be all track prep but its still going to be my daily for the time being. Money will determine what happens trans wise.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostydc5 View Post
    Yeah man i know what your saying, in my case the car is going on the track this upcoming season, this winter is going to be all track prep but its still going to be my daily for the time being. Money will determine what happens trans wise.
    Oh I hear you lol! I'm glad your car is able to be daily'd once that twin disc went in it s all over lol. Who am I kidding once the modding got serious it was all over.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Oh I hear you lol! I'm glad your car is able to be daily'd once that twin disc went in it s all over lol. Who am I kidding once the modding got serious it was all over.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    yeah man this winter hoping to send it out to get the cage done first then the twin disk needs to be ordered and some other stuff is gona get done.... still gona daily it, i cant afford a another car ATM, and now im regreting selling my daily
    from when i was building oh well