Thread: DIY- IACV delete plate

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

DIY- IACV delete plate

So I've grown tired of the Iacv just "chillen" in my bay. Looks ugly hanging off my tb.

But even more so on my new s90 tb. No way in hell am I reinstalling that hunk of metal on my new tb.

So I am a diyer and won't buy a $25 dollar one from ktuned so I thought I'd make my own.

I had a plate of 1/8" or so thick aluminum.

Took my old IACV and traced out a pattern.

Then placed the valve back on my pattern to spot my holes.
    And drilled the first hole. Using a .201" bit

Then placed the valve back on and put a screw through it and the plate to make my second hole

Then put a screw through to make sure the holes were lined up.

After the holes are drilled I took and clamped it down to a table.

And then cut the piece out using a 4" cutting wheel on my grinder.

Then I took the block off plate to the 6" table grinder to round off my corners and take away the extra material left from cutting

Cleaned up nicely using a flapper wheel on my 4" grinder just taken to the edges to round them off along the part.

Then took and added some swirls in the plate added looks using an air grinder.

Then my Final touch to shows she's certified...BAM!

Make sure to reuse the oem gasket off the Iacv. For added security I put hondabond around it also to try and make it as air tight as possible for boost.

Along with this mod comes with sacrifice of a smooth idle. This being my racecar I don't care. And I'm tired of lookin at the Iacv.

The throttle blade will have to be propped open further to allow air to the motor since the air can't come through the Iacv anymore.

There is a jam nut to tighten this in stock tb's or in my case with the s90 this screw is the throttle stop.

Hope this helps anyone looking to do their own or see what it may look like.
    Last edited by PetefromtheStreets; 01-30-2013 at 02:21 AM.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!