I've set a goal to get this car running into the 9's! Currently there are no street-trim RSX's in the 9's (that i know of) and by no means will i be the first, but hopefully one of the first ones to do it and be successful on the drag strip.

Its definitely not gonna happen in 2011, but the initial plan is for 2012.

So here's the plan for Part 1... Operation Winter 2010/2011: Safety Upgrades and Weight Savings! Get the car ready to go fast!

I will post some pics as i go, but have all pics located here for anyone interested... http://gallery.me.com/ringles#100072...lack&view=grid

Its time to break'er down...

Dash is out...

Sunroof out, Carbon Fiber plug to come...

All sound deadening material is up...

Now its time for the engine bay...

Power steering and oem water pump coming out... Replacing with K-TUNED water block of plate kit :up:

Time to clean her up...

got these ladies in...

abs is out along with a lot more stuff. need to cap and remove power steering lines next...

Got the CNC Staging Brake and started mocking up a location for it...

Not sure if anyone has used the Mishimoto half-size civic radiator in the RSX before but i figured we'd give it a shot... drop a little bit of weight and open up the engine bay quite a bit. It actually fit pretty damn good and will be able to use one of the stock RSX fans.

BIG THANKS TO MIKE @ K-TUNED for the nice care package i received yesterday!!!

K-Tuned Fuel Rail

K-Tuned water block of plate

K-Tuned clutch line kit

K-Tuned coolant port plugs (no pic)

The water block off plate looks amazing and fits perfectly, just need to get my hands on a EM2 alternator. We used two bolt locations from the girdle and an L bracket to mount the pump. We were even able to use the RSX radiator hoses with the half-size radiator, just a minor modification to the lower hose and had to remove the center vertical support below the hood latch.

Next pics to come will be the 10pt chromoly cage...