Thread: DIY: putting the engine on engine stand.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

DIY: putting the engine on engine stand.

So you've got a spare engine or are attempting to build another... It's completely necessary to put the engine on a stand and your unsure of what bolts to use and what size. Well the typical response is to use transmission bolts but what size are those exactly?

To be short they are 12x1.25x85

Break that down a little..

12mm
    Thread pitch: 1.25
    Length: 85mm

You can always use spare bolts if you have them. Or head to your local hardware store and pick up some bolts there.

My local store only had 80mm long bolts so I opted for those vs the 100mm length. I bought 3 of them.

The last bolt I purchased was a 7/16-14x4" washers and nut

The best places to hold your engine are in the top 2 holes and bottom 2 to allow best weight distribution.

As [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION] brought to my attention, you'll want to install the motor mount while your motor is still on the ground. No sense in struggling to lift and bolt the motor up to the stand.

3 holes are threaded and one in the back bottom is not... so this is where you'll place that bolt and nut.

Tighten them down and your ready to rock. Lift the engine up and slide into the stand.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Cage plus radio member #1
    Last edited by BoostedK20; 01-04-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!