Thread: Boost Leak Tester

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Boost Leak Tester

Here is a DIY on how I made a boost leak tester for my Turbo it has a 4" inlet .

Go to a local hardware/plumbing store and get these items:

3" PVC Female Adapter

3" PVC Cleanout Plug

Fitting of your choice depends how you wanna set it up the top fitting makes no sense so I would NOT get one of those I'd chose one of the bottom 2 choices in the pic.

Air Regulator and the proper fitting for your air connection and the fittings to hook it to your air system or the pvc cap whichever you chose.Your compressor may already have an adjustable regulator so you may not need to purchase one.

4" coupler to go on the turbo I already have one on mine so I didn't need to buy one.

Ok here goes

1- Drill the pvc cap

Select the fitting you wanna use and thread it into the cap I was able to simply clamp the fitting in the vise and press down on the cap pretty good rotate the cap onto the fitting threading it in.

I found an old hose in my tool box from an old compression tester so I cut the end off and put it on the barb and clamped it and then threaded the two pvc pieces together , this is what you end up with.

Most boost leak testers are done like so with an air fitting in the end but since I had the old compression tester hose I did mine differently. Its up to you which connection you put in the pvc cap.

Then adjust the regulator to the desired psi and install the tester into you turbo inlet and clamp the coupler down on the tool.

Then hook your air line to your fitting on the boost tester .I didn't use the regulator I posted earlier . I actually used the regulator from my mac tools leak down tester

Now with the system pressurized have fun finding the leaks I have found 3 leaks since making the tool .Thanks to my push leak fittings oh I mean push lock fittings
    Last edited by vdubkilla; 11-26-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    You and that bubble ain't nothin but trouble

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!