Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Why block off oil squirters

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuBBaSBuBBLE View Post
    Thanks!!. Nope motor has about 2k on it now and I just got done boosting it. Just strapped on a GTX on this badboy. Still in the mix of street tuning it right now. But just had a boost creeping issue today while street tuning. I kind of figured this was going to happen as I see its a common thing on these boosted K's especially with a BWR manifold. Its not that bad though just its creeping lil past 15 and I just want to be in full control of it lol.
    im glad to hear its all working for u man.
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    im glad to hear its all working for u man.
    thanks man. It's been a battle with this car. Everyday it was something else. The other day I started building some boost and a fuking NYC dip took my oil pan out. Almost starved my engine of oil. Thank god for a oil pressure gauge and knowledge.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    I have always left mine in my builds .I still see 25 lbs of oil pressure when fully warmed up at idle and 60+ lbs when cruising at 2700 rpms .I considered blocking them off but just decided not to as Honda knows what they are doing .I have also heard some of the things you mention and I can see your points but I'll be leaving mine in place where Honda put them .
    I think I'm going to go this route for my motor build as well.
    Thanks!!. Nope motor has about 2k on it now and I just got done boosting it. Just strapped on a GTX on this badboy. Still in the mix of street tuning it right now. But just had a boost creeping issue today while street tuning. I kind of figured this was going to happen as I see its a common thing on these boosted K's especially with a BWR manifold. Its not that bad though just its creeping lil past 15 and I just want to be in full control of it lol.
    Likely this cold weather is having an effect on your boost as well. Have you messed with your IAT compensation table for boost control?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    I think I'm going to go this route for my motor build as well.

Likely this cold weather is having an effect on your boost as well. Have you messed with your IAT compensation table for bowith control?
    Yup just messed with that last night. The last time I messed with the car was on Friday which was like around 50°. Than last night it was like 25° smh!! So I noticed my a/fs were a little leaner. I messed with the iat compensation table and did a pull and it was richer. Definitely helped out. Just not with the creep though.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yup just messed with that last night. The last time I messed with the car was on Friday which was like around 50°. Than last night it was like 25° smh!! So I noticed my a/fs were a little leaner. I messed with the iat compensation table and did a pull and it was richer. Definitely helped out. Just not with the creep though.
    Well there is another IAT compensation table for boost control. At least in flashpro there is. As IATs climb or fall, you can set it to remove a few duty cycle from your boost control.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Well there is another IAT compensation table for boost control. At least in flashpro there is. As IATs climb or fall, you can set it to remove a few duty cycle from your boost control.
    That's good to know I will look into that tonight when I do some more street tuning. Thanks for the input brother!!.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's good to know I will look into that tonight when I do some more street tuning. Thanks for the input brother!!.
    Sure thing, on flashpro it's on the same tab or window as the boost control itself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2