Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Why block off oil squirters

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Why block off oil squirters

So this a small over looked topic and when brought up not many have a good solid answer.
    I have blocked off my oil squirters in my recent build and many other builds i have assisted on have done so.
    There's the main question but why?
    Well here are some good answers for ya and ill link also where i got mine from.

- forged pistons dont need the cooling effects of the oil squirters, where stock pistons do

- more oil flowing to your bearings

- if you don't block them off after you remove the squirters you have a good chance of ruining your bearings because of low oil pressure.

- Less oil on the pistons means less reciprocating weight and more free power

- If you go with a custom stroke and relocate the wrist pin, your piston skirt might actually hit the oil squirter's... so you would have to remove them; just an example...

- Oil squirters have there place, just not necessary for street or drag racing. Endurance racing, yes. Running a 500 Mi Nascar race between 8000- 9000 RPM's and trying to get a little better gas milage (leaner) yes.

Yes these work for K series motors too...

And here they are installed in my own block.
    Remember to use loctite and tq them down to 8ft lbs.

Now team feel free to elaborate and lets keep this for anyone looking to build a motor in the future.

Happy Boosting!!
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    I did this to 2 of my k20 motors for the same reasons as you stated. I didn't see the need for extra oil on the forged pistons and wanted more oil pressure through the rest of the set up.
    2001 Boosted Built k20a2 Billet BB 6766BB

2013=579whp 406trq @ 24 psi c16
    10.87@137mph

2014= 510whp 370trq @ 18psi pump gas

2015= 7xx @ 30psi??

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted_teg View Post
    I did this to 2 of my k20 motors for the same reasons as you stated. I didn't see the need for extra oil on the forged pistons and wanted more oil pressure through the rest of the set up.
    Thats the same thing my tuner saids to me and it makes plenty sense
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Feedback Score
    I have always left mine in my builds .I still see 25 lbs of oil pressure when fully warmed up at idle and 60+ lbs when cruising at 2700 rpms .I considered blocking them off but just decided not to as Honda knows what they are doing .I have also heard some of the things you mention and I can see your points but I'll be leaving mine in place where Honda put them .
    You and that bubble ain't nothin but trouble

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    I have always left mine in my builds .I still see 25 lbs of oil pressure when fully warmed up at idle and 60+ lbs when cruising at 2700 rpms .I considered blocking them off but just decided not to as Honda knows what they are doing .I have also heard some of the things you mention and I can see your points but I'll be leaving mine in place where Honda put them .

Feedback Score
    I have a K24 block which doesn't even come with oil squirters. The person who I bought the car off of had them machined in and I see about 95-100 on start up. idling all warmed up I'm at about 29-31 psi. I think there not a bad idea having them in. I agree with vdubkilla.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuBBaSBuBBLE View Post
    I have a K24 block which doesn't even come with oil squirters. The person who I bought the car off of had them machined in and I see about 95-100 on start up. idling all warmed up I'm at about 29-31 psi. I think there not a bad idea having them in. I agree with vdubkilla.
    Is your motor stock?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    Is your motor stock?
    negative. Its a Z10 sleeved K24 with H-beam rods and 11.1 weisco pistons.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuBBaSBuBBLE View Post
    negative. Its a Z10 sleeved K24 with H-beam rods and 11.1 weisco pistons.
    nice build there... and no issues with clearance on the squirters?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    nice build there... and no issues with clearance on the squirters?
    Thanks!!. Nope motor has about 2k on it now and I just got done boosting it. Just strapped on a GTX on this badboy. Still in the mix of street tuning it right now. But just had a boost creeping issue today while street tuning. I kind of figured this was going to happen as I see its a common thing on these boosted K's especially with a BWR manifold. Its not that bad though just its creeping lil past 15 and I just want to be in full control of it lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast