Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Real St Performance's False Claim of Being the World's Fastest Exposed

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
    This is Jaydee the builder of the Jaydee Atom 600. We would like to publicly congratulate Real Street for building such a quick car. We suggest BoostedK20 members and Atom lovers email Top Gear and let them determine the quickest Atom in the world. I am also aware of a 600+ car in South Africa. That would be fun for everyone and viewers would love it! Just to make it clear our company had nothing to do with Spooling VTec's poster.
    we just posted this on facebook. cheers Guys

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Street View Post
    Hello forum members, we were sent this link so we signed up to enter the discussion.

Spoolin_VTEC, I don't know how you normally resolve conflicts or address things you don't agree with when you're not behind a keyboard, but your posts here have been rather amusing coming from someone I have to assume is old enough to obtain a Driver's License.

Since you are obviously the most upset I'll address you here. If you'll do a bit of due diligence, you would have seen that we finished that car sometime in early to mid 2011 around the time you joined this site. 2.5 years ago I don't believe there was anyone within 100whp (I actually think 200whp) of the car we built. I'm not sure what prompted you to go as far as to make your own image with sweet super-awesome fire font and a cool street intersection you made in Microsoft Paint and call us liars, but regardless, it's very possible that Jaydee's car is faster than the car we built in 2011.

Now if it were me, I would have probably tried to ascertain IF the guys I was calling liars even were liars, considering even now you don't have any information about how fast the car we built is, and therefore cannot even compare it to the information Jaydee has posted. It's also very surprising that a Forum Administrator would post/share something that's quite possibly libelous under their company in a public venue (Facebook.) I guess some people just don't think before they act.

I'll go ahead and say now that I expect that to be taken down from Facebook before the close of business tomorrow (Monday.) We are more than happy to have an open discussion such as this one about the cars, but the way that was portrayed on Facebook was completely unprofessional and suggests that we have "tried to get over on people", which we decidedly have not done. When the McLaren F1 stopped being "the world's fastest production car" it didn't mean that the folks at McLaren instantly were a bunch of liars, haha. And again, we haven't even confirmed if the statement is even wrong yet.

Regarding the car we built, this was not a shop car, it was a customer of ours who has had us build him many different cars, 101mm Turbo'd Mustang Drag Car, 1,030whp Toyota Supra, etc... He has toys and likes to play with them. The car was never campaigned in a race series, the owner just simply likes to go play around with it and drive it whenever he can. We have only seen it a handful of times since it was completed two and a half years ago: once when it broke it's 6 Speed Transmission, and then for some car shows / racing events when he was nice enough to put it next to our booth. We never added any Data Acquisition or reviewed the splits in the ECU logs as Jaydee has since it was just the customer's toy and he didn't care. It's not even the fastest accelerating vehicle we've built for him, so this car wasn't only about straight line acceleration to him.

Now that that is out of the way, and more importantly, Jaydee's car looks absolutely awesome. It is apparent that a ton of care was taken with the build and it looks like a very well built machine. As you can imagine it's extremely exciting for us to be shown another fast one. In fact, being shown Jaydee's car has inspired us to want to contact our customer this week to ask if he'd be interested in doing some upgrades to the car. He has always talked about wanting to make it even faster but it's hard to pry the car out of his hands as you can imagine. Now obviously with it not being our car, we cannot guarantee what he'll have us upgrade but hopefully we can get some acceleration data on the car at the very least to post compared to Jaydee's car.

I look forward to learning more about Jaydee's car and being able to post up some data from the one we built at some point. These are truly awesome cars.

Regards,

Mark Conte
    Real Street Performance
    Mark, thank you for coming onto the forum and addressing what [MENTION=77]Spoolin_VTEC[/MENTION] has so enthusiastically been posting over the past few days.

As for your post, I will address the part that directly addresses me. Posting summaries of topics of this community on social media is a part of my role as a staff member of an online community. Think of it as being similar to a newspaper or magazine. I'm simply keeping members and followers informed.

Please understand that nothing was posted maliciously or meant in a negative way by me, it was simply bringing light to the situation that [MENTION=77]Spoolin_VTEC[/MENTION] had posted. He's a bit of an extreme enthusiast, as some of us have noted from his other posts. Although it is at times misguided, his passion and enthusiasm is something we can all appreciate, as many people lack such powerful traits. If my public awareness of this topic on social media was taken as defamatory, I truly apologize and I will gladly take the post down, as that was not my intention. This topic, however, will remain. Real Street Performance is an asset to this industry, and has certainly earned it's place as such. Thankfully, you are now here to clear things up for all of us.

I will make sure to post a clarification tomorrow on facebook. I look forward to seeing this topic grow, and I can hopefully see some more posts and builds from Atom owners and builders alike!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Hello forum members, we were sent this link so we signed up to enter the discussion.

Spoolin_VTEC, I don't know how you normally resolve conflicts or address things you don't agree with when you're not behind a keyboard, but your posts here have been rather amusing coming from someone I have to assume is old enough to obtain a Driver's License.

Since you are obviously the most upset I'll address you here. If you'll do a bit of due diligence, you would have seen that we finished that car sometime in early to mid 2011 around the time you joined this site. 2.5 years ago I don't believe there was anyone within 100whp (I actually think 200whp) of the car we built. I'm not sure what prompted you to go as far as to make your own image with sweet super-awesome fire font and a cool street intersection you made in Microsoft Paint and call us liars, but regardless, it's very possible that Jaydee's car is faster than the car we built in 2011.

Now if it were me, I would have probably tried to ascertain IF the guys I was calling liars even were liars, considering even now you don't have any information about how fast the car we built is, and therefore cannot even compare it to the information Jaydee has posted. It's also very surprising that a Forum Administrator would post/share something that's quite possibly libelous under their company in a public venue (Facebook.) I guess some people just don't think before they act.

I'll go ahead and say now that I expect that to be taken down from Facebook before the close of business tomorrow (Monday.) We are more than happy to have an open discussion such as this one about the cars, but the way that was portrayed on Facebook was completely unprofessional and suggests that we have "tried to get over on people", which we decidedly have not done. When the McLaren F1 stopped being "the world's fastest production car" it didn't mean that the folks at McLaren instantly were a bunch of liars, haha. And again, we haven't even confirmed if the statement is even wrong yet.

Regarding the car we built, this was not a shop car, it was a customer of ours who has had us build him many different cars, 101mm Turbo'd Mustang Drag Car, 1,030whp Toyota Supra, etc... He has toys and likes to play with them. The car was never campaigned in a race series, the owner just simply likes to go play around with it and drive it whenever he can. We have only seen it a handful of times since it was completed two and a half years ago: once when it broke it's 6 Speed Transmission, and then for some car shows / racing events when he was nice enough to put it next to our booth. We never added any Data Acquisition or reviewed the splits in the ECU logs as Jaydee has since it was just the customer's toy and he didn't care. It's not even the fastest accelerating vehicle we've built for him, so this car wasn't only about straight line acceleration to him.

Now that that is out of the way, and more importantly, Jaydee's car looks absolutely awesome. It is apparent that a ton of care was taken with the build and it looks like a very well built machine. As you can imagine it's extremely exciting for us to be shown another fast one. In fact, being shown Jaydee's car has inspired us to want to contact our customer this week to ask if he'd be interested in doing some upgrades to the car. He has always talked about wanting to make it even faster but it's hard to pry the car out of his hands as you can imagine. Now obviously with it not being our car, we cannot guarantee what he'll have us upgrade but hopefully we can get some acceleration data on the car at the very least to post compared to Jaydee's car.

I look forward to learning more about Jaydee's car and being able to post up some data from the one we built at some point. These are truly awesome cars.

Regards,

Mark Conte
    Real Street Performance
    Well put Mark. Great work on all the builds, I had the pleasure of helping out Matt's supra at MIR last weekend and that's another great car for you guys. Keep up the hard work I'm glad you guys joined the forum.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bump?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Bump?
    Yes, interested as to how this died as soon as real street came in....

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [MENTION=1009]Real Street[/MENTION]

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    [MENTION=1009]Real Street[/MENTION]
    yeah them and who ever started this thread never came back after they had something to day. its like it all died once the other side of the story came in

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Regards,

Mark Conte
    Real Street Performance
    You guys gonna post again or was this a one-time covering? Still says world's fastest on the site!

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    You guys gonna post again or was this a one-time covering? Still says world's fastest on the site!
    What do you mean by covering? We are not actively on this site, we are not a vendor here. Therefore we don't post here. Nothing against this forum, it's just not one of the ones that our guys spend time on currently. The only reason I knew to come back is because apparently this forum has a cool feature where if I'm quoted, I get an E-Mail.

I thought I pretty thoroughly explained the situation though when I posted. The car is not ours, we reached out to the customer, he'll get back with us on upgrades when he's not out enjoying the car(s) we built for him, IF he ever cares about making this particular car faster. As I said before, this is the third fastest car we built for him in a straight line, it's not really his priority on this car. This is the best weather of the year in Florida to go out and drive your fun cars (I imagine even more so for an open air car such as the Atom). At this time he's not really interested in driving across the state on one of his free days to spend time with us so that we can see if his car is faster than some other guy's, haha. Therefore, we have no updates to offer regarding the car unfortunately.

If someone would like to have us build another one and measure the performance so that it can be compared to another Atom we would be more than happy to put them on the schedule. I'm told there will be a 700whp Atom at TX2K in Houston in March which I'm very excited to see.

What I can promise is that if this car comes back for upgrades and he's interested in any sort of testing (be it dyno, 60-130, quarter mile, laps around a race track) we will put something online about it and will try to remember to post up on this thread as well.

Regards,

Mark Conte
    Real Street Performance

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast