Quote Originally Posted by Spoolin_VTEC View Post
Personally, I'm not a fan of Precision. Garrett is used in more OEM applications than any other turbocharger. And that goes a LONG way for me. Company and product development, customer service, product recognition, research, design, development, the works. COMP is phenomenal as well. All billet everything, triple ball-bearing (step up from Garrett) and the results to prove it.

No offense to Precision, but I think they're known in the aftermarket industry (turbocharger wise) because they're cheaper and have gotten both good and bad raps (tons of bad for the journals, and mainly good for the ball-bearing.)
Ya I agree, I'd much rather have turbo made by an OEM than by an aftermarket 'knock-off' company. The precisions I think are so preferred in the aftermarket industry because they are much cheaper, and the journal bearing ones can be rebuilt, whereas Garrett turbos (nearly all are ball bearing at this point) are not really rebuildable. Race teams I'm sure like to be able to quickly rebuild their turbos if necessary, but I for my DD want something a little more proven.