Page 1 of 9 1 ... LastLast

Thread: BoostedK20.com OG Hatch Build - Mild Restoration Has Begun!

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

BoostedK20.com OG Hatch Build - Mild Restoration Has Begun!

In creating this forum and forming this community nearly 3 years ago, I have continuously set and achieved goals - short, medium, and long-term. And now, one of my biggest goals for BoostedK20.com as a community happens to be one of my personal dreams. Though it will be difficult, I have the opportunity to achieve this goal and dream. And I would like to share it with you as a community, as well as with the entire world.

Seeing a finished product without history is meaningless. It's the creative process that gives it meaning. Seeing an ancient pyramid simply as a bunch of bricks goes against everything it stands for. A structure as such was revolutionary; they were never seen before. That each was made by hand with absolutely no machines, by people who were ordered to work in extreme conditions without much food or water - or be killed. They worked in direct sunlight that burned their skin, with painful dehydration from the insane heat; their legs and feet burned by the scalding sand while helplessly laying heavy, dirty bricks one after another for days at a time - only to create something that has lasted hundreds or thousands of years and stands as a milestone for mankind. This is why the build process is important, and why I would like to share it with you all by my side.

My goal is to build a track car. It's that simple. The details, however, aren't quite. I want only the best companies that I believe in to come together for this build - proving why each company is the best of the best in the truest form possible. The truest test of any system is not testing each individual part, but the entire system as a whole. Two things may work very well individually, however completely different when combined.

BoostedK20.com as a community will be choosing what parts go on the car and why. As you may already be thinking, "what if we all aren't in agreement?" Well, we will do our best to decide things based on what is attainable and fitting. This won't be easy, but it will be worth it. This won't be a ballerific build, there will be a budget in place.

I have a specific car in mind - lightweight, compact, rare, and most importantly, a large piece of history. Once the track vehicle is attained, the build process will begin. And I will make sure that every step of the process will be updated in this thread.

I look forward to working and making history with all of you in the BoostedK20 community!
    Last edited by BoostedK20; 03-18-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Update 11/7/13
    Vehicle is located and set to be looked at tomorrow afternoon. If all is well, it will be trailered back and this build will commence.

Update 11/8/13
    The OG is here!

Update 11/15/13
    What I would like to do first is build the front end first- motor, tranny, radiator, front mount, the works. Also, new strut towers, front suspension, etc. To compliment that, the front end will be reinforced with the beginnings of the roll-cage, which will end at the interior for future progression. I want the car to be ready this coming year, so it will definitely be a street car at first. I don't mind keeping it stock internals with the method that [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION] mentioned, to see how well the car will do with traction and get a real feel for it. I'd rather put the money to build the trans before internals on the motor.
    Last edited by BoostedK20; 03-18-2014 at 10:44 AM.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reserved 2

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reserved 3

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reserved 4

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reserved 5

Feedback Score
    Looking forward to seeing this
    You and that bubble ain't nothin but trouble

Feedback Score
    Let me know my bosses are into sponsoring track cars since they both race.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sub'd

Feedback Score
    sounds awesome!

Page 1 of 9 1 ... LastLast