Thread: O-Ringed Block

Feedback Score

O-Ringed Block

I had always heard of o-ringing a block but never knew why people had it done or what it truly meant .I thought it was actual o-rings but have since found out differently .Here is a picture of my aebs sleeved and o-ringed block

The machine shop cuts a grove in the block and installs a thin copper wire that you can see in the pic. You still run a head gasket like normal but the o ringing of the block helps seal it better for high boost applications .It's a much debated topic by many as far as whether or not to do it but the way I see it why not as it can't hurt if your boosted and making power .Prior to doing it I had asked a tuner I know pretty well and he said no doubt do it.
    Last edited by vdubkilla; 11-05-2013 at 10:22 PM.

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yea I was always stuck when I heard the topic.
    My brother in laws motor I'm building for him is o ringed also.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know Vit's block for his black si will be o-ringed this time around.

Feedback Score
    Vit does stuff the right way and as far as my block I figured after losing a head gasket once last year and then the over rev in July it was wise to have it O ringed while it was at the machine shop .I actually talked to a guy this past weekend at MIR /World Cup finals that had a high hp rsx a beautiful one and he did not have an o ringed block he did however have anti freeze in his engine bay due to blowing coolant out of the overflow from a blown head gasket .

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    Vit does stuff the right way and as far as my block I figured after losing a head gasket once last year and then the over rev in July it was wise to have it O ringed while it was at the machine shop .I actually talked to a guy this past weekend at MIR /World Cup finals that had a high hp rsx a beautiful one and he did not have an o ringed block he did however have anti freeze in his engine bay due to blowing coolant out of the overflow from a blown head gasket .
    Ya Vit lifted his head on his old motor, so this time he's doing the o-ringing and 1/2'' headstuds.

Feedback Score
    Never heard about this before, nice sleeved block.

Feedback Score
    Thanks man a lot of people told me not to do it said I didnt need to but I don't always listen if it will make it better / stronger .I am one for overkill !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    Thanks man a lot of people told me not to do it said I didnt need to but I don't always listen if it will make it better / stronger .I am one for overkill !
    I thought about building a k24 block in the future and slapping it into my car. I may do this also I will talk to my machinist. He just built a 1000hp 630ci big block for some guy so he knows his stuff.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great information! Thank you [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION]

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum