Thread: JR Aftercooler Chat

BoostedK20 Sponsor
    Feedback Score

JR Aftercooler Chat

General Discussion for Jackson Racing Aftercoolers

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    So I am looking at ordering this after cooler for my JRSC but I am wondering if it is best from the boostedk20 site or direct from Merc. Is the a better deal thru the forum vs directly from Merc.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostedK20 Sponsor
    Feedback Score
    Either way is fine, you may place the order at either site. Both are the same product. Thanks

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    I had the Merc racing setup for my JRSC and I loved it. We saw significant drops in IAT temps. Even made a video on it. Awesome product.
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Feedback Score
    Well I am hoping to hit over 300 whp but my main goal would be 350 whp.

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    I hit 319 with aftercooler I was very happy with the setup
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Feedback Score
    Man can't wait to get it now. We have a local car show in April so for next month we will be doing the instal. So I will creat a build updates.

BoostedK20 Sponsor
    Feedback Score
    Awesome. If you have any questions or need help don't hesitate to ask. You will enjoy the system very well.

Feedback Score
    I gained 30whp with this stage 2 aftercooler. Its beast. The iat's would go up to about 20 above ambient but come back down to ambient within literally 30 seconds. What i did was take the iat sensor and skin off the bulb coating at the end of it and tapped it into the blower manifold for a more accurate reading. I wasnt getting the reading from the intake, but rather from the manifold. So after the air passed thru the blower and went into the head it was already cold. That was my way of truly seeing if this kit was worth it. And yes it was.

I was able to hot lap at the drag strip and kick some v8 ass. That kit is so well engineered its not even funny. If i owned a honda again i sure would be filling Jose' pocket with some cash for parts. I again was the first person to ever get this aftercooler kit as a test mule again. I started off with a stage 1 but shortly after the welded backing plate that goes into the blower happened to break off. I contacted Jose and he was already in process of making a bigger better stage 2 kit. He overnighted me a stage 2 at no cost immediatley. Solid guy and solid business person. He takes care of his customers. If only he can make some coolers for mustangs id be a test mule again. Anyone with a blown setup, this aftercooler is a must have.

I remember before i got the ac my car was a slug in dead of summer. It felt like i was wot thru mud. I felt embarrased because i was boosted but slow in summer. This ac kit solves that problem. Hot temps will never be the enemy again. Its the best investment for blown cars, no sense in having a blower with no cooling. Its like pb and no jelly, just doesnt make sense without it.
    Last edited by BUSHGUTS; 11-29-2015 at 10:25 AM.