Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil feed suggestions

Feedback Score

Oil feed suggestions

Ok guys so I bought an oil sandwich plate so I could have multiple spots to hook up to. One for my oil feed and one for my oil pressure gauge. Problem is, the sandwich plate is leaking massive amounts of oil on the filter side and need a new idea while I've got the subframe dropped. Anyone have any suggestions?

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    Well why is it leaking and why not just install a new oil sandwich plate ? I run the golden eagle sandwich plate and I have had to replace the gasket on the block side of it once but all I did was call GE and ordered 3 of them so I have a few spares in case it happens again .

Feedback Score
    Out of curiosity, which plate are you using?

Feedback Score
    i have the BWR sandwich plate.. hopefully that doesn't give me a problem...

Feedback Score
    Pics please

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilwhit14 View Post
    Ok guys so I bought an oil sandwich plate so I could have multiple spots to hook up to. One for my oil feed and one for my oil pressure gauge. Problem is, the sandwich plate is leaking massive amounts of oil on the filter side and need a new idea while I've got the subframe dropped. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Post pics so we can tell you. May be installed wrong, also you may have not plugged the other ports properly, etc etc.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    Well why is it leaking and why not just install a new oil sandwich plate ? I run the golden eagle sandwich plate and I have had to replace the gasket on the block side of it once but all I did was call GE and ordered 3 of them so I have a few spares in case it happens again .
    It's leaking from the oil filter. Like it's not completely seared but I can turn the filter anymore.

Feedback Score
    Seated

Feedback Score
    Can't turn

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilwhit14 View Post
    It's leaking from the oil filter. Like it's not completely seared but I can turn the filter anymore.
    I'd have to look closer at that is the oil sandwich plate is tight to the block ? The filter it isn't double gasketed is it ? Meaning an old gasket was stuck on there from an old filter when the new filter was installed or did the new filter have a good gasket ? Have you tried another filter ? I haven't really had any issues for the most part with mine its made by Golden Eagle .If yours is leaking it's pretty well gotta be a gasket issue one one of the sides of the oil sandwich plate or it isn't tight as it shouldn't leak massive amounts of oil . Who makes the plate your using out of curiosity ?

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast