Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Need trans help!!!!!

Feedback Score

Exclamation Need trans help!!!!!

Alright fellow boost lovers today I rebuilt my trans from a broken second gear I replaced 1-2nd with ppg gears and got just new case bearings because all the neglect bearing in the shafts appeared ok, I also got synchrotech carbon sychros. Long story short I put it all in and in neutral clutch depressed there's no noise but let the clutch out a ticking noise come from it sounds like the top of the trans where the shift assembly goes but who knows exactly. I've come to the terms I must pull the damn thing out again but any ideas what it could be I've rebuilt it a couple times before with no huge issues other than blowing the teeth off second but I know I'm only human and could have made a simple error. I've seen people say u have to grind down ur reverse shift fork with ppgs but I wouldn't see why, any input is helpful guys thanks

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    The issue was the reveres fork riding on first because I guess the ppg gears are slightly larger. So if you buy these grind your reverse shift fork down so you done have to do what I did, got her back up and running though after 3 months woot!!!!woot!!!!!

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    thats good man same thing happen to a buddy of mine with those ppg gears that thing came out 3 times b4 we got it rite.

Feedback Score
    Yeah man playin the put it in take it out game gets old fast lol I bought them through Kmod and will never do business with them again since he would rarely respond to my emails about the where abouts of the gears and then I had this issue and he didn't respond till this evening when I bitched and said I wasn't goin to buy anything from him again. He tried to say the shimming of my trans must be screwed up cuz he's never had to grind anything down I just can see how vertical shimming on the shafts would prevent horizontal contact between and fork and gear.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by froggyfredd View Post
    Yeah man playin the put it in take it out game gets old fast lol I bought them through Kmod and will never do business with them again since he would rarely respond to my emails about the where abouts of the gears and then I had this issue and he didn't respond till this evening when I bitched and said I wasn't goin to buy anything from him again. He tried to say the shimming of my trans must be screwed up cuz he's never had to grind anything down I just can see how vertical shimming on the shafts would prevent horizontal contact between and fork and gear.

yea i have heard bad stuff from them thats sucks doh cause how hard is it to help a customer when in need, its not like it takes hours to respond to ab inquisition.

Wish i would have seen this earlier i wouldve shined some light man,

Feedback Score
    No big deal man at least our trans are fairly simple I was just freakin out cuz these gears wiped out like all my savings lol and I didn't wanna hurt them. Oh and I forgot to mention he had plenty of time to post videos on fb (which is where I messages him) of him drag racing SMH.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by froggyfredd View Post
    No big deal man at least our trans are fairly simple I was just freakin out cuz these gears wiped out like all my savings lol and I didn't wanna hurt them. Oh and I forgot to mention he had plenty of time to post videos on fb (which is where I messages him) of him drag racing SMH.
    dang thats horrible customer servive

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    dang thats horrible customer servive
    Agreed sir lol

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    how you liking those syncros??

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)