Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Makes Boost, however there is no power

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Turbo Makes Boost, however there is no power

This is a linked thread to 8thcivic.com I do not feel like typing the entire problem all over again. Not to mention linking this will allow you to read previous comments, suggestions, and rule certain things out. PLEASE HELP.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/turbocharging/338121-turbo-spools-makes-boost-but-no-power-10.html#post12759489

please help me

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by A-2-B View Post
    This is a linked thread to 8thcivic.com I do not feel like typing the entire problem all over again. Not to mention linking this will allow you to read previous comments, suggestions, and rule certain things out. PLEASE HELP.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/turbocharging/338121-turbo-spools-makes-boost-but-no-power-10.html#post12759489

please help me
    Well I've read all 10 pages and it sounds like you have tried several things .I will say this Garrett does generally make good turbos I've owned 2 of them and the only issues I had were self inflicted .As far as you problem rather perplexing have you tried another waste gate and are you certain everything plumbed properly ?

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did the car jump timing?

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    If it jumped timing would it show up on datalogs and flash pro? Everything is plumbed properly. It has a slight pull up till 3psi, then it just drops off. I can hear what sounds like my BOV and or WG opening. It holds the set boost level of 6psi all the way to redline. When I tested the turbo with a pressure test you can see in the YouTube video it leaks air down into my oil pan. When I close that hole. It leaks through the water cooling ports.

I had a greddy bolt on kit previously. It ran like a champ. No problems.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by A-2-B View Post
    When I tested the turbo with a pressure test you can see in the YouTube video it leaks air down into my oil pan. When I close that hole. It leaks through the water cooling ports.

I had a greddy bolt on kit previously. It ran like a champ. No problems.
    Thats not good right there. Do You still have a pcv? Sounds like it voukd have burnt a valve or something. Maybe washed the rings. For some reason the air is getting past your piston rings and thats not good. Have you put the greddy kit back on after the fact to see if your problem is still there with that kit?

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Thats not good right there. Do You still have a pcv? Sounds like it voukd have burnt a valve or something. Maybe washed the rings. For some reason the air is getting past your piston rings and thats not good. Have you put the greddy kit back on after the fact to see if your problem is still there with that kit?

Possibly a bent valve or blown head Gasket but either way No air should be getting into your oil pan

s4 IG-petefromthestreets

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    He actually did put the greddy kit back on and it ran just fine. So it's not the piston rings.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    He actually did put the greddy kit back on and it ran just fine. So it's not the piston rings.
    Now that's nuts!

Turbo possibly blew a seal and is letting air into the pan through it?

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now that's nuts!

Turbo possibly blew a seal and is letting air into the pan through it?

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    That was the initial thought, he sent it to Garrett and they said it was fine. He also recently said the turbo is fine, although didn't say why he deducted that. But to me, the only major things changed from setups is the turbo and the turbo manifold. It obviously isn't a leak in the charge piping since the map sensor reads the boost, it isn't a leak in the IM or with piston rings because the greddy kit makes power just fine...

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm thinking it has to be related to the exhaust side of things. If the BOV was leaking, you wouldn't see the boost at the map sensor... If the intake manifold was leaking, it would leak with the greddy kit too... Are you using an exhaust manifold gasket when you install the manifold?

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast