Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Poita's FA5 Turbo Build (Pic heavy)

Feedback Score

Poita's FA5 600hp Turbo Build

So when I bought my car in February 2012 I thought I would never need to boost it, but I couldn't be more wrong...
    By the time, a friend of mine borrowed his turbo Civic (350whp/TZ517z) and I was sure that was what I needed and bought everything to get the same setup.
    But then in August, my car started doing that *metal being chewed* sound.

Result:
    Corn Flakes in my oil pan

So I decided to sell the first turbo kit (T517z / tsi log manifold) that never happened to my car and started upgrading the internals at my friend's garage.

The car actually has:
    - EV4 DW 2200cc
    - Wiseco Pistons 9,8:1
    - Carrillo PRO-SA rods
    - Hondata Traction Control
    - ARP Head and Main Studs
    - RSX Type-S Pump (I have an ERL s2k pump @ home now, but srsly I tired just about thinking on installing it)
    - Bigger ebay brand radiator
    - Inugel + Mocool
    - Full-Race 3" Exhaust
    - EFR 7064
    - Full-Race kit
    - Single DW300 pump
    - Ethanol (Our ethanol has no blend, so you can call it E100)
    - Clutchmasters FX300
    -Returnless
    -HFP Suspension
    - Torque Damper
    - Hybrid Racing CMC
    - HR shifter cable and base bushings
    -Accord brakes

I've bought what I think I need for the return lines, but they may delay a bit to arrive

My goal is something around 600whp maybe 650. But all I know is that my gearbox won't hold for long... Still thinking of something about it.

Now some pictures:

Engine out...

Reflect-a-gold

Plastigaging...

Fuel filter + brazilian LXL/EXS/LXS sender adaptation

Engine ready to go in!

6 months later...

Everything wrapped...

Wastegate clearance from the firewall

I decided to assemble the kit without removing the engine, that saved a lot of time...

Traction control color's mindfuck: South American FA5 ABS wiring has different colors... But in the end I managed to make them work without having cut all the wires my eyes could see.

Dunno what to do yet with this... Gotta think a way to improve clearance on the exhaust, because the banging is driving me nuts...
    Last edited by Poita; 10-02-2014 at 08:02 AM.

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    yeah my exhaust hit too... so I heat wrapped it then cut up hose and put it between as a damper
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I got the same cornflakes after being boosted 2yrs on the z3 swap.

Encouraging build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poita View Post
    Dunno what to do yet with this... Gotta think a way to improve clearance on the exhaust, because the banging is driving me nuts...
    This may or may not work... You could try unbolting the catback, and loosening the slip joint. Spin the part of the catback that bolts to the downpipe around so as to get yourself more clearance but you still need to line the holes up in the 3 bolt flange. I did something like this to make my stuff fit without hitting anything, but I have converted that 3 bolt to a v-band so it was pretty easy for me accomplish.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice pick up on the arp main studs. I personally would like them on my built motor as well.

Nice build man. Hella sleeper

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    This may or may not work... You could try unbolting the catback, and loosening the slip joint. Spin the part of the catback that bolts to the downpipe around so as to get yourself more clearance but you still need to line the holes up in the 3 bolt flange. I did something like this to make my stuff fit without hitting anything, but I have converted that 3 bolt to a v-band so it was pretty easy for me accomplish.
    I think I saw a pic of that on 8thcivic! Way better than the 3 bolt... They suck mad balls to stuck any tool to get them out of there.
    I tried that but... no deal.

Spaz's solution worked... I wraped that portion of the exhaust with leftovers of my DEI wrap and over that I've put the cutted hose Hope it holds forever lol

Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Nice pick up on the arp main studs. I personally would like them on my built motor as well.

Nice build man. Hella sleeper

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Thanks! Better safe than sorry. Specially for the price of those studs...

After a while it's update time:

Came back to E100...
    Put back on the 2200cc injectors,the brazilian LXS fpr (we measured 65 psi on that little bitch) and returned building boost slowly. At 12 psi the car started asking 10% fuel... But even adding fuel my lambda was at the same value and just the IDC was going up

Maybe the single DW300 can't handle the flow, or is it defective?

Well, our postal service was on strike (and guess what, they are the only one allowed to handle mail lol) and my return system will be delayed once more.
    Dunno guys, but what do you think?

E100 flows approx. 45 - 50 % more than gas.
    I was trying to go with only one pump as long as I could.

I also changed the fuel filter hoping that it was clogged, but that didn't do either.
    Can't think about another thing than that the pump atm.

Feedback Score
    Had to slow down for a while on my build, but still have some updates...

I got a DW300 defective unit, but I couldn't wait for the RMA process... So I bought walbro 416lph and now things feel a lot better.

Some drilling was required for it to fit:

And the "ALMOST" perfect fit:

So I had the car dyno'ed

After an hour the I had something like this:

But I was afraid about the stock trans couldn't handle that for long and decided to take out a bit of ignition on that big ramp. Final pass:

I only could reach 11.5 psi @ the dyno but it reaches 14.5psi on the street. I hope it's near to 500whp by now. And still returnless...

After that I decided to investigate why my car was having so much trouble to crank while it was hot. So, as expected, the last thing I've checked was the injectors... And 2 of them were leaking.

As soon as the fuel system began to build pressure, the injectors immediately started to leak. And the car obviously drowned with that much fuel. I was terrified thinking for how long I had them running like that

Well, sent the injectors for RMA and DW confirmed the issue and sent me 2 new injectors. One thing I can say, will never buy anything from DW again.

Now I already ordered Innovative 75A mounts because the injected ones aren't handling gear changes. Hope that they don't make me nuts on vibration.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice update! Glad to see your making some great power! What was the problem with DW as to why you won't buy from them again?

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Cage plus radio member #1
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Their customer service is slow and every product I've bought was defective.

Lame quality control imo
    I've heard a lot of peeps saying only nice stuff about their products, but for me it was just bad luck.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you sticking with the 7064? I don't see that making 600-650hp. It's rated lower than that.

Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast