Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Poita's FA5 Turbo Build (Pic heavy)

Feedback Score
    I'll have to stick with it for a while, as for now the exchange rate BRL/USD has reached its highest rate for the last 6 years (1 BRL = 2.50 USD), so it's time to save some money and live with hope and expectations! lol

My goal is to get it running with 26 psi (with a fuel return) until the end of 2014.
    If it's not enough I'll start thinking about the 7670 and a full-race EWG manifold... But that's not easy to sell around here, too pricey for our pseudo-performance market.

For now, i'll try to see how far the little 7064 can go without having to use an external monster fuel pump.
    To be honest, I'm still happy with the car's performance, but we know how fast this feeling changes

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poita View Post
    I'll have to stick with it for a while, as for now the exchange rate BRL/USD has reached its highest rate for the last 6 years (1 BRL = 2.50 USD), so it's time to save some money and live with hope and expectations! lol

My goal is to get it running with 26 psi (with a fuel return) until the end of 2014.
    If it's not enough I'll start thinking about the 7670 and a full-race EWG manifold... But that's not easy to sell around here, too pricey for our pseudo-performance market.

For now, i'll try to see how far the little 7064 can go without having to use an external monster fuel pump.
    To be honest, I'm still happy with the car's performance, but we know how fast this feeling changes
    Damn that's pretty sweet on the exchange rate! And I know what you mean, I'm currently assembling my built motor with rods rated for 1000+whp yet my turbo is rated at 550-600 tops (GT30) and I really just don't want to shell out the cash for a larger turbo like a GT35 or something as I am also quite pleased with how the car performed at ~460whp. As for your situation, I wouldn't add a monster external fuel pump until you change the turbo out, no matter how much fuel you can flow, that turbo will run out of breath before your fuel system will run out, at least on pump gas, I guess we'll have to see how much yours will be able to support using E100.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, my rods were a bad choice. For just 180 bucks more I should have gotten the H beams. I'd have much more peace of mind now.
    Maybe in the future I'll open my engine once more and change my rods. I'm a bit purist, so I don't like the idea of having an external pump or maybe 2 pumps inside my tank, relocating the battery to the trunk, etc. I'll do what I can to keep just one pump there.

E100 is well know here for performance cars, available since the 70's for us. It's almost half the price of our 98ron gas and unless you are doing something extremely wrong, it won't show any knocks.
    Since it requires more ignition advance, my ignition table is at least 5 degrees advanced just to start tuning. It's a good fuel for beginners and smells good lol!

I'll try to find a video comparing my car with the 7064 and the gt3071r of a buddy of mine to show the difference. But it's a bit unfair because he still doesn't have an intercooler

Feedback Score
    Last edited by Poita; 03-07-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poita View Post
    Yeah, my rods were a bad choice. For just 180 bucks more I should have gotten the H beams. I'd have much more peace of mind now.
    Maybe in the future I'll open my engine once more and change my rods. I'm a bit purist, so I don't like the idea of having an external pump or maybe 2 pumps inside my tank, relocating the battery to the trunk, etc. I'll do what I can to keep just one pump there.

E100 is well know here for performance cars, available since the 70's for us. It's almost half the price of our 98ron gas and unless you are doing something extremely wrong, it won't show any knocks.
    Since it requires more ignition advance, my ignition table is at least 5 degrees advanced just to start tuning. It's a good fuel for beginners and smells good lol!

I'll try to find a video comparing my car with the 7064 and the gt3071r of a buddy of mine to show the difference. But it's a bit unfair because he still doesn't have an intercooler
    Well seems your rods should be good for quite a bit of power if they cost $800+... What are they rated at do you know? I went with the Manley turbo tuff I beam rods, kind of interesting that carrillo's high end rod is an H beam rod whereas Manley's is an I beam and their low end rod is an H beam. I probably would have been fine with the Manley H beam rods for my build, but didn't want to risk anything/also wanted growing room and for an extra $200 or so that it was I figured I mind as well.

I know the ethanol is good stuff, especially for boost and that it requires a much larger fuel system, I still don't see you maxing out fuel before that 7064 even on E100 as long as you have a fuel return with those huge injectors.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So even though your si is the brazilian model you still had to retrofit the ethanol capable fuel sender onto the cage?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    So even though your si is the brazilian model you still had to retrofit the ethanol capable fuel sender onto the cage?
    Yeah...
    The diameter of the cage cap and the cup where goes the sender are different enough not to fit.
    Plus, the denso sender (si) rests to the left, and the bosch sender (flex civics) rests to the right and a bit higher ...

I'll see if I can find more pics, but it's a heavy mod no the cage with a bit of tie wraps and some soldering.

After that it becomes even more painful to remove and insert the cage into the tank hole.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    As Poita Said, eventhough we have ethanol here, the Si's were never released powered by ethanol as standard. And the Cage and sender of the regular Civic's powered by ethanol are completely different from the SI ones. And The stealership only sells the ethanol cages complete, with filter, fuel pump, etc. So it's quite expensive to use it.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn that is really stupid IMO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Damn that is really stupid IMO.
    The only difference between our si and yours is the air conditioner.
    Our air conditioner is digital because the car here was sold around 50k usd... Honda of Brazil targeted the car for a public that never existed for a NA w/o luxury car.

Oh, and the oem suspension is somewhat higher. We call that tropicalization, because of our lovely roads hehe

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast