Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Best way to mount Intercooler!

Feedback Score

Best way to mount Intercooler!

Well I know most people are doing custom turbo kits or at least combining aspects from each turbo kit. I figured I'll share my experience because I found a great way to mount a one sided intercooler while retaining the stock bumper beam. Thanks to friend SiSpeed317 for helping me with finding the right intercooler.

More or less the intercooler is of CXRacing brand. 29x8x3.5 with 2.5" In/out on one side.

CXRacing INTERCOOLER FMIC 29x8x3.5 1-SIDE Talon Eclipse | eBay

Link to where I bought it. It's a sturdy intercooler unlike most you would find on Ebay as I bought an intercooler from there previously but it wasn't cutting it properly. Now this intercooler retains the bumper's under plastic too. The way I had mounted it anchors it to the bumper beam. I went to Honda and I bought the brackets that hold our radiator in place. I drilled holes into the bumper beam and used a 1/4" size bolt with a length of 3.5". Mounts directly and the intercooler needs 2 5/8" bolts that are 3/4" long and over sized fender washer to keep it on the bracket. When mounting was complete I was very happy with the results. This intercooler is an actual nice upgrade for anybody using the Greddy Kit. For me with my custom AJP kit this fits what I need to do as I wanted a one sided intercooler. Pictures are below I hope this helps a lot of people doing Turbo builds!

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks awesome! It's crooked though, and that would drive me insane Great idea on the radiator brackets, just make sure to 'shake' the IC to make sure it doesn't move at all. This will cut down on vibration though. Repped for the idea!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    It's sturdy alright, No vibrational play at all. It's locked against the bumper beam. I actually slid it a bit over to the drivers side a bit to help for the piping. I have to test fit the piping as soon as I can. Though I have to wait for my awesome manifold and downpipe coming from a great friend :P

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Won't necessarily help with the piping as opposed to just looking off center. I would move it over if I was you. And the manifold/downpipe are awaiting arrival at their new home!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Same intercooler I'm running.
    Joe

1991 Acura NSX

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Definitely an awesome intercooler and awesome idea. We should have a single-sided intercooler club

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Here s a few pics of mine.

Joe

1991 Acura NSX

Feedback Score
    I agree with the one sided intercooler club. So I should move mine towards the passenger a bit?

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea I would center it more, just for aesthetic purposes.

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    arent you worried about those welds breaking?

I would think they would crack at the core

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast