Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips For Fueling

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Tips For Fueling

We often hear many people talk about gas efficiency in respect to helping out our wallets. Fueling is important to all of us in many respects; This community isn't only focused on performance, we enjoy improving our fuel economy/efficiency and many of us also have other vehicles that we use on a daily basis for fuel efficiency as well, so this information will be helpful to all of us.

Try some of these gas tips to change things up:
    • Stick with reputable brands. Some less reputable gas stations won’t filter their gas leading to filth into your tank.
    • If you see a tanker filling at a station, pass on that gas. When the tanker refills the underground tanks at gas stations, all the sediment (aka crap) on the bottom gets stirred up. This means the first few people who fill up afterwards get more sediment mixed in their gas, feeding through lines with filters that were last changed on.... uhh..... Well who cares, you now have dirty gas.
    • Don't top off. The extra gas will typically seep out and slosh around.
    • Don't go below a quarter tank of gas, so you don't take the sediment from YOUR gas tank and put it in your lines.

If anyone has other tips, please feel free to post them! I would love to add to this.

Last edited by BoostedK20; 09-16-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is very true, heres my story
    I have had the Walboro 255 pump in my tank since Oct '10, The kit was new so the strainer was fresh and clean.
    Since then i have fueled with 93oct and from Shell all the time!!
    So this last time i was having issues starting my car (Aug '13) i pulled the pump housing out and i shit ya not the strainer was 15% dirty with not much dirtiness in it. Now that there was surprising to me.

Feedback Score

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    I also try to use the same gas station as consistently as possible.
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I always use sonoco or shell.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Tips For Fueling

Whatever fuel I'm tuned on is what I continue to run. For instance, shell 93 pump. I also stay away from fuel stations that list 10% ethanol on the pumps.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    I typically use a high volume station that sells a lot of fuel so I know it's fresh .In my car when I run it for the weekend blast I typically only put enough gas in it for the night or weekend as ethanol fuel does not have very good shelf life and I need and want the best octane gas I can get supplying my engine at all times .I do have a surge tank so I can run it really low too and I am guilty of running my tanks low often in my vehicles and have never really had an issue doing so my truck has an 18 gallon tank and it's not uncommon for it to take 17.8 to 18.1 gallons to fill it LOL .Let's face it the pump always draws from the bottom of the tank no matter if it's full , half or empty besides to those that say don't run it low it will pick up sediment the way I see it if you always run it low it keeps the tank clean ! Although probably not the best for the fuel pump in the tank as it's cooled by the fuel in is submerged in .I have a Toyota p/u with almost 100k on it now and it's always been run low since day 1 so far never an issue and I have to be honest I've never changed the fuel filter ever .This is not the first vehicle I've had and always run "Low" on fuel either .I don't know to each their own I guess but these methods have worked well for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Whatever fuel I'm tuned on is what I continue to run. For instance, shell 93 pump. I also stay away from fuel stations that list 10% ethanol on the pumps.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    This is an excellent point about tuning on the same fuel and I also make sure to empty my tank prior to tuning appointment and buy fresh gas from the station that I stick with that morning or the day before my tuning appointment so it gets tuned on fresh fuel from my normal station .Although Adam how do you avoid E 10 seems to me like it's everywhere I go except on the water at marinas for the most part they sell non e these days but that's about it around here .

Feedback Score
    so according to Mercedes Benz (where i was a tech for a while) the main reason not to top off is because the excess fuel will go into the evap canister. dont know if the same is the case in our cars or if any of you still have your charcoal canisters

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Tips For Fueling

Quote Originally Posted by Frostydc5 View Post
    so according to Mercedes Benz (where i was a tech for a while) the main reason not to top off is because the excess fuel will go into the evap canister. dont know if the same is the case in our cars or if any of you still have your charcoal canisters
    Everything evap got removed. Lol #likeaboss
    s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast