Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5

Thread: How To Setup Your Catch Can Correctly

Feedback Score
    i plan on running two an fittings off the valve cover to a catch can and one from the pcv valve to the catch can (pcv will be replaced with a 14mm to 10-an fitting so it will allways be open) will that work fine?

Feedback Score
    The fittings off the vc will suffice but opening up the pcv will also help vent it more I suppose.I spoke to you at 8th fest about the cc .I was the older guy with the teal hatch and walked over and complimented your catch can. I forget who made it but it was a nice lookin cc I don't think you had it hooked up yet but it was in the bay .I run two -10 an fittings off my vc and am boosted to about 24 lbs my pcv is not open just unhooked it to keep oil vapor out of the engine intake tract .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    The fittings off the vc will suffice but opening up the pcv will also help vent it more I suppose.I spoke to you at 8th fest about the cc .I was the older guy with the teal hatch and walked over and complimented your catch can. I forget who made it but it was a nice lookin cc I don't think you had it hooked up yet but it was in the bay .I run two -10 an fittings off my vc and am boosted to about 24 lbs my pcv is not open just unhooked it to keep oil vapor out of the engine intake tract .
    It was nice meeting you. On your two vc fittings do you have them baffled at all? So it dosnt fill the catch can with alot of oil ? [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION]

Feedback Score
    No no baffles they are just two -10 an fittings welded onto the v/c and my catch can has a drain that drains back to the oil pan so it's a maintenance free catch can no draining needed it drains itself back to the pan .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    No no baffles they are just two -10 an fittings welded onto the v/c and my catch can has a drain that drains back to the oil pan so it's a maintenance free catch can no draining needed it drains itself back to the pan .
    I'm just thinking if I will be better off to just cap the pcv / or leave it there and not connect the line so it allways closed.since I will have plenty of venting from the valve cover that seems what most people do. Like your setup, or if should connect that to catch can as well it only seems people run the pcv to the catch can when they only use the oem barb from the valve cover.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5