Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1222 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown Big Block EP

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Getting cold in the NE- about time for winter storage. Changed the oil and replaced the aftermarket thermostat with a oem one. All cleaned up and ready for hibernation:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like it, mines hibernating already on jack stands and all
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What's the vc bolt kit u have
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    What's the vc bolt kit u have
    It's a bolt boys vc kit. I have pretty much everything SS from them.

Feedback Score
    Update.
    Winter is here- have a couple things going on. Next on the list:
    TSX crank pulley
    Aem ver2 progressive meth controller
    AIS 18gph meth nozzle
    Kpro ver4 upgrade
    Merc racing updated aftercooler reservoir
    Custom 3.5in CAI

So far- the meth controller has been kicking my ass. Whether it was the first controller being bad to now the wiring connector being bad- I have been chasing these electrical gremlins for days now. Put the controller to the side and got my custom intake sorted and the crank pulley installed. Enough bitching- pics

Still sorting out a new belt size and rewiring the meth controller before its ready to be retuned on more boost and meth. Final installation pics to follow

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very cool! I suggest holding the meth off till last, finish the rest first. I'm not a big fan of meth because of the issues it can cause related to malfunction, which puts the life of your motor in jeopardy. Save it till the end and you can focus your attention and patience on it, because it seems like it'll take every last bit you have. (I have wiring btw, the headaches it causes just makes me cringe). For any wiring issues you may have, hit up [MENTION=867]ryaano18[/MENTION] he certainly can give you advice, he's the wiring guru. [MENTION=56]PetefromtheStreets[/MENTION] [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION] [MENTION=28]Spaz[/MENTION] should be able to help with the subject as well

Best of luck, reach out to us for help, that's why we're here!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Very cool! I suggest holding the meth off till last, finish the rest first. I'm not a big fan of meth because of the issues it can cause related to malfunction, which puts the life of your motor in jeopardy. Save it till the end and you can focus your attention and patience on it, because it seems like it'll take every last bit you have. (I have wiring btw, the headaches it causes just makes me cringe). For any wiring issues you may have, hit up [MENTION=867]ryaano18[/MENTION] he certainly can give you advice, he's the wiring guru. [MENTION=56]PetefromtheStreets[/MENTION] [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION] [MENTION=28]Spaz[/MENTION] should be able to help with the subject as well

Best of luck, reach out to us for help, that's why we're here!
    Thanks for the advice. I've been using meth for a few years now and it's worked wonders for me. There are a lot of misconceptions about it and it's safety. In my opinion- get the right kit, set it up right, and tune it properly and you shouldn't have any issues. I'm only stepping up to the aem progressive controller because my old simple boost activation switch finally rotted out after years of service. I just can't believe aem's quality control- I've always been a big supporter of their products but this new controller has plagued me with defects since I got it. I think I have it sorted now but I'm not holding my breath. I will say this though- kpro ver4 is worth every penny for the upgrade....

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluEP3_SC View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I've been using meth for a few years now and it's worked wonders for me. There are a lot of misconceptions about it and it's safety. In my opinion- get the right kit, set it up right, and tune it properly and you shouldn't have any issues. I'm only stepping up to the aem progressive controller because my old simple boost activation switch finally rotted out after years of service. I just can't believe aem's quality control- I've always been a big supporter of their products but this new controller has plagued me with defects since I got it. I think I have it sorted now but I'm not holding my breath. I will say this though- kpro ver4 is worth every penny for the upgrade....

Dammit. Please elaborate on the kpro 4. I have been holding out as I have v1. Lol
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PetefromtheStreets View Post
    Dammit. Please elaborate on the kpro 4. I have been holding out as I have v1. Lol
    I had ver. 1 as well- I upgraded mainly for the Bluetooth capability but the new processor is soo much faster. There is an ethanol input that allows you to tune for e85 and pump gas without needing separate tunes. The Bluetooth is very cool though- I can watch what my car is doing in real time from my iPhone or iPad.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1222 ... LastLast