Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with Rotrex lack of boost

Feedback Score
    Got these two videos just for shits to compare how it sounded running normally and what happened after my IAT sensor stopped working. Can't believe it makes such a huge difference. Does the car just automatically assume for safety that the intake temps are extremely low and dense and therefore dump tons of fuel to compensate, and since there not, its just causing the motor to load up. I for one think it sounds awesome but the power is poop hahah.

Normal:
    http://youtu.be/qQRlqJSWzbI

Honda Civic STI:
    http://youtu.be/QvtNrdzKBYc

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04carboncivic View Post
    Got these two videos just for shits to compare how it sounded running normally and what happened after my IAT sensor stopped working. Can't believe it makes such a huge difference. Does the car just automatically assume for safety that the intake temps are extremely low and dense and therefore dump tons of fuel to compensate, and since there not, its just causing the motor to load up. I for one think it sounds awesome but the power is poop hahah.

Normal:
    http://youtu.be/qQRlqJSWzbI

Honda Civic STI:
    http://youtu.be/QvtNrdzKBYc
    Ya I believe that is why.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Help with Rotrex lack of boost

Haha that's cool

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score

Help with Rotrex lack of boost

Ended up finally fixing my IAT sensor which had to do with wiring and not the sensor itself. Didn't help my problem, ended up finding out if was an injector not firing. Fixed that and the car is sounding like a Honda again thank god. Shortening my charge piping tommorow and seeing if we can get over 9psi on the high cams. Crossing my fingers. Makes way more sense why the car sounds like this if its running on 3 cylinders. Hopefully that can help anyone who encounters the dreadful subbie sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ended up finally fixing my IAT sensor which had to do with wiring and not the sensor itself. Didn't help my problem, ended up finding out if was an injector not firing. Fixed that and the car is sounding like a Honda again thank god. Shortening my charge piping tommorow and seeing if we can get over 9psi on the high cams. Crossing my fingers. Makes way more sense why the car sounds like this if its running on 3 cylinders. Hopefully that can help anyone who encounters the dreadful subbie sound

Glad to see you got that fixed. I didn't think the IAT would cause a misfire sound. I would pull the fmic and check it for leaks and the same for the rest of the charge piping as well.

If your having trouble with your couplers a little trick is to spray a bit of hairspray on the inside of the couplet and then reinstall. It Will not pop back off or if it does then you sir have just made a great deal of power. (Or your engine mounts are not sturdy enough showing to much movement)

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

[MENTION=824]SAX JONZ[/MENTION] Please post an informational article on your problem. Please note your initial symptoms, successful methods of problem solving, the solution, and the result. That way, others can search for the issue, find your thread, and BAM fixed. It also allows other people's .02 on the matter, allowing for greater knowledge on the topic for us all. Thanks, and I'm glad it's all figured out!

Feedback Score

Has anyone here had the bearings inside a rotrex go bad? I have this horrible sound coming from it now. It still produces boost to what seems like normal, I checked the fluid level and it is the same as when I installed it 2 months ago. I bought this c38-81 used so not sure of its prior maintenance but it sounded and worked just fine for the last two months. I don't even know if these can be sent out to be serviced. Ahh this build is quickly becoming a disaster.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Has anyone here had the bearings inside a rotrex go bad? I have this horrible sound coming from it now. It still produces boost to what seems like normal, I checked the fluid level and it is the same as when I installed it 2 months ago. I bought this c38-81 used so not sure of its prior maintenance but it sounded and worked just fine for the last two months. I don't even know if these can be sent out to be serviced. Ahh this build is quickly becoming a disaster.

[MENTION=56]Adm_rsx[/MENTION]

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have not heard of or ever had my bearings go bad before but you can get in touch with TTS Performance and talk to Richard about getting yours looked at If you want.

I would check to make sure the bolts are all tight. Being that they are only tightened to 11-15ft.lbs it's possible they could have come loose.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score

Thanks for the suggestions. I had the car running and used a flat head as a stethoscope and it hurt my ear when I held it to the power head. The blower doesn't have much if any vibration feeling from loose bolts, even when revved, feels more like a rough movement from within the unit. Sigh, if its cooked I think I may go turbo than purchase a new unit at full price

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast