Page 1 of 32 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Spaz is Back and BOOSTED

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score

Spaz is Back and BOOSTED

Well I'm back in the game officially~! I wasn't planning on installing my kit I picked up months ago until this winter, but I was tired of people busting my balls for selling the supercharger and going back to NA. I'm not 100% finished with the build. I am working with a fabricator for custom new charge pipes, and this winter I'll be sending the manifold out for jet hot coating to remove the wrap. But for now the wrap will do the job.

It is a Full Race sidewinder setup with a Precision 6262 journal bearing turbo.

And now for the build!
    The kit was used. So my wonderful GF helped out for the first time ever in my build. I'm still confused but I love her and thankful. Here she is straightening the intercooler fins

Got out the grinder

And mocked up the intercooler

I took a scotch pad to the manifold and cleaned it the best I could. But I didn't want to leave it exposed so I wrapped it

She finished the fins and polished up the intercooler

Also cleaned up my BOV and Wastegate

Got a weld on bung and welded up the oil pan. Later I cleaned it and painted it back to black.

Wastegate hit the coolant setup so I had to come up with a new way to make my lines. So this is what I came up with

You can see how damn close it was

Then the car bit me... Building... Boosting... Bleeding

Took car all apart for piping install and heater hoses of course

Started installing my setup and figuring out how to modify my piping to fit

Installed my 3" exhaust

Made a custom bracket for boost solenoid and tucked it of course

Test fit my bumper and cut that down

Here is the new valve cover I'll post pics installed shortly

But end results Worth it
    Last edited by Spaz; 08-16-2013 at 08:28 AM.
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks fucking great! I'm sure you're very happy to be back to boost. Have you driven it with the new setup yet? Was the piping not for the rsx? Have you heard of the benefits of a 4 port boost control solenoid?

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    The piping was for a stock k20 RSX with PRB manifold. With my K24 and RBC none of the piping fit correctly. So I had to cut, extend, reangle, etc and basically make a new setup. So I bought a 2' coupler and a universal piping kit.

As far as the solenoid no I don't know the benefits of a 4 port. Actually truthfully I didn't know there was a 4 port. I'm only familiar with the 3 port.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    The piping was for a stock k20 RSX with PRB manifold. With my K24 and RBC none of the piping fit correctly. So I had to cut, extend, reangle, etc and basically make a new setup. So I bought a 2' coupler and a universal piping kit.

As far as the solenoid no I don't know the benefits of a 4 port. Actually truthfully I didn't know there was a 4 port. I'm only familiar with the 3 port.
    Gotcha, I didn't realize that you had a k24. The 3 port and 4 port, both do the same thing, which is add boost above your wastegate spring. A 3 port solenoid can usually do a bit more than 2x the actual spring pressure. So if you have a 7 psi spring, you can probably get 20 psi or so, maybe more, maybe less, out of the 3 port. A 4 port solenoid can go to like 10x spring pressure. This is beneficial because you can use the smaller wastegate spring - 3 psi, and still be able to make 30 psi (if you wanted to). This is nice so you can run 3 psi in 1st gear for traction and still get the boost you want out of the higher gears, say 15 psi or so in third and 4th on a stock motor. The 3 port would not be able to make 15 psi on a 3 psi spring. It's also not hard to install:

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    wow that is great information. If I build the engine this winter I will definitely look into a 4port

Feedback Score
    Looking good man glad to hear your back and boosted again

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    wow that is great information. If I build the engine this winter I will definitely look into a 4port
    I say its good even for a stock motor! Being able to run 3 psi in first is critical imo to help prevent wheel spin, and on a stock motor you'll probably want to run close to 15 psi in 4th for max power. A 3 port will not be able to have that large a range of control. Also the 4 port is like $60 pretty cheap awesome mod. Just cut out the old solenoid, solder two wires, change the line routing slightly, done!

Feedback Score
    So glad you boosted! i had a feeling something shady was going on lol

Feedback Score
    oh word of advice even tho you probably dont need it coming from me, keep an extra thottle cable with you when i used your short one after boost even tho it was double wrapped, i melted that one and two gsr ones all in different routing locations. so now im back to the oem one. just food for thought

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostydc5 View Post
    oh word of advice even tho you probably dont need it coming from me, keep an extra thottle cable with you when i used your short one after boost even tho it was double wrapped, i melted that one and two gsr ones all in different routing locations. so now im back to the oem one. just food for thought
    to late already melted it... bought an OEM one installing it tonight... just gotta figure out how to tuck that long ass cable... FML

Page 1 of 32 111 ... LastLast