As requested on Facebook here is a more detailed look at my Lotus Elise.

Over the years I have owned quite a few fast road and competition cars, most of these have come and gone, but the little Lotus is the one I will never let go of.

[IMG]
558258_4529274708028_16845363_n by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]

Purchased in 2006 with a Rover K Series running ITB's and sitting on genuine Exige S1 wheels. It remained in this spec for several years before I took the decision to replace the K-Series with a K20a. After some research I decided to start from scratch rather than use an existing conversion kit.

[IMG]
MOMENTUM MOTOR SPORT Pictures 608 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
1010 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
005 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
1021 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]

Start to finish the conversion took two weeks and I was very happy with the result, running Hydra EMS it managed 240 @ the fly. The car remained in this spec for a little over a year before I added a Rotrex C30-94 along with a custom intercooler setup. Running 12psi the car developed 325whp and managed an 11.7 1/4 mile on Toyo R888's on an unprepared runway.

[IMG]
011 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
018 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]

Following another year of competition I decided to step things up again. For my purposes (sprint, hillclimb and road use) it was developing ample power so the powerplant remained unchanged. The hydra was however replaced with a Pectel SQ6M, the entire loom has been replaced and now uses Can Bus with two Motec PDM15's, a Pectel ICD Colour Digital Dash and a Cosworth Membrane Switch Panel replaces all of the existing switch gear. I also converted to flyby wire with an FN2 throttle body allowing for traction and launch control via the SQ6M. Finishing off the competition theme are a lovely pair of Reverie Carbon twin skin Mulsanne C's.

[IMG]
IMG_8691 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]
IMG_8690 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]
IMG_8700 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]
IMG_8696 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]
IMG_8699 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]

At the same time I also replaced my Gaz Gold's with Nitron R3's, which are absolutely stunning in use! The final addition was the new Quaife QKE8J 5 Speed Sequential. The combination of the Quaife box with the SQ6M is utterly brilliant with clutchless up and down shifts.

[IMG]
IMG_3724 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]

This weekend past I recorded a 10.78 1/4 at 131mph on the same R888 and again on an airstrip, which I was more than happy with!

Here are a couple of quick videos of the Elise at Ten of The Best:

Inevitably 20 months of damn hard abuse took its toll on the standard K20 and as I pulled 5th on my flying kilometre at Ten of The Best it all came to a head. As is common with the standard pistons, the rod dragged the bottom off piston 2 and made a swift exit through the block leaving this...

[IMG]
IMG_8702 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]
IMG_8703 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]
IMG_8705 by momentummotorsport, on Flickr[/IMG]

The Elise is now stripped and ready for its new engine, this time with forged pistons and rods and will be up and running again next week!

Any questions, just ask!

Spec List:

1996 Lotus Elise S1

Engine:
UK K20a2
Rotrex C30-94
Custom Exhaust

Transmission:
Quaife QKE8J 5 Speed Sequential
ACT Paddle Clutch
Quaife ATB Differential

Suspension: