^ I hoped for some surprises, but things always seem to shit out on me. Just spoke to my friend who has my car at his shop, not exactly happy. Car will be sprayed at the end of the day, should be finished by tomorrow. The argument is that the entire car has to be resprayed, except the roof. He made the point of "since almost everything has to be repainted, we might as well paint everything over." So I agreed. I also asked if we could paint it Infiniti black since it's black anyway. He said it's no problem. They replaced the quarter panel that needed to be replaced, new side skirts since the old ones were busted, and need to repaint one panel past what needs to be repaired for blending. So it goes like this: new front bumper, pass. fender, door, quarter panel. They need to respray the drivers side fender, trunk/spoiler, and drivers side quarter panel. I asked them to respray the lip of the drivers side quarter because the paint cracked while I was rolling it. They decided to smooth out and paint the entire driver's side quarter, which means the door now needs to be repainted/blended. So, everything but the roof needs to be repainted. Turns out the new front bumper needs the main grill and two lower side grills, they want me to pay that out of pocket.

My problem with this is, although you cannot mix friendship and business, they received almost an $8,000 check from the insurance company to do the work to my car, and are asking me to pay money out of pocket when today is exactly one month they've had the car and it's still not done. I've been paying for my rental car since yesterday out of pocket ($30 a day) and will return it tomorrow. I also pay almost $4 a day in sales tax out of pocket, so $120 comes out of my pocket aside from the $90 for 3 days of the rental. I'm pissed. [/vent]