Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast

Thread: Si Speed 317's 400whp Daily Driver

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^ I hoped for some surprises, but things always seem to shit out on me. Just spoke to my friend who has my car at his shop, not exactly happy. Car will be sprayed at the end of the day, should be finished by tomorrow. The argument is that the entire car has to be resprayed, except the roof. He made the point of "since almost everything has to be repainted, we might as well paint everything over." So I agreed. I also asked if we could paint it Infiniti black since it's black anyway. He said it's no problem. They replaced the quarter panel that needed to be replaced, new side skirts since the old ones were busted, and need to repaint one panel past what needs to be repaired for blending. So it goes like this: new front bumper, pass. fender, door, quarter panel. They need to respray the drivers side fender, trunk/spoiler, and drivers side quarter panel. I asked them to respray the lip of the drivers side quarter because the paint cracked while I was rolling it. They decided to smooth out and paint the entire driver's side quarter, which means the door now needs to be repainted/blended. So, everything but the roof needs to be repainted. Turns out the new front bumper needs the main grill and two lower side grills, they want me to pay that out of pocket.

My problem with this is, although you cannot mix friendship and business, they received almost an $8,000 check from the insurance company to do the work to my car, and are asking me to pay money out of pocket when today is exactly one month they've had the car and it's still not done. I've been paying for my rental car since yesterday out of pocket ($30 a day) and will return it tomorrow. I also pay almost $4 a day in sales tax out of pocket, so $120 comes out of my pocket aside from the $90 for 3 days of the rental. I'm pissed. [/vent]

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Updated pics as of last night:

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the flat black. But I understand the frustration of waiting for the car to return but mine is just over parts being on back order for what feels like decades.

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Definitely sucks. Car itself is all painted, they started on the body panels like 2 hours ago. I should have it back all assembled friday morning-afternoon. I literally can't wait.

My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Definitely sucks. Car itself is all painted, they started on the body panels like 2 hours ago. I should have it back all assembled friday morning-afternoon. I literally can't wait.
    Well goodluck and post pics when it's done.

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    Tire slayer

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lookin good.

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    Tire slayer

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks, turns out they painted it the wrong nighthawk black pearl - they put too much flake in the paint. So, now the entire car has to be repainted and in the color I choose :cheerleader: Can't wait!

My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What! They sprayed it the wrong color. Major fail. Lol

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    Tire slayer

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yup, they said I'd have it back today but I figured that was BS. Hoped for tm, but I should have it friday. But probably Monday - mark my words.

My Ruckus Build

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast