Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Clutches Reviews and Opinions

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1JZ_Type-S View Post
    I imagine there's no chatter, since its a solid disc...?
    Very little. The fx 350 is like a hybrid. It it's a solid disk but with 8 separate friction pads on it.

Feedback Score
    I imagine there's no chatter, since its a solid disc...?
    Its not a solid disk. Its a segmented disk, it can have a bit of chatter but its pretty rare and depends how you let the clutch pedal out. I pulled my fx350 off after 3k miles or so...still looked brand new with ~340ft/lbs I never tracked with it though, just a lot of hard street driving.

Feedback Score
    Good to hear. I'm only peaking at 280 ft/lbs, so I should be good. I'm just tired of the 6 puck, as my car is a DD that occasionally hits traffic & goes through parking structures

Feedback Score
    I love CC but I have heard good about ACT and FX. Let me know if yall need any deals on clutches. My boss is running twin disk in his drag car and its crazy stiff but when you are trying to hold back 800+ hp guess you need it.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good to hear. I'm only peaking at 280 ft/lbs, so I should be good. I'm just tired of the 6 puck, as my car is a DD that occasionally hits traffic & goes through parking structures
    Honestly if I were you, and if I were to do it again, I would get an exedy stage 1. It will hold that power just fine and be super dd friendly.

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    I'm on my second CC stg4 and for what I do and how I drive it works great. Can be tough if I get stuck in traffic sometimes but I'm so use to it doesn't bother me. Racecar lol
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksboi View Post
    I love CC but I have heard good about ACT and FX. Let me know if yall need any deals on clutches. My boss is running twin disk in his drag car and its crazy stiff but when you are trying to hold back 800+ hp guess you need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    I'm on my second CC stg4 and for what I do and how I drive it works great. Can be tough if I get stuck in traffic sometimes but I'm so use to it doesn't bother me. Racecar lol

CC clutches are "ok" but if you actually DD the car i think they are just plain rough. I used 2 for at least 1.5 years...first a comp stage 4 6 puck and then a stage 5 4 puck. They are ceramic so they don't last nearly as long as regular clutch, the engagement is straight up rough, and the pressure plate is just stiff as hell. DSM's have horrible crank walk because everyone thinks they need the craziest pressure plate out to hold power, also if you don't do a clutch pedal bypass your reeking havoc on your thrust bearing.

Im all for using a clutch that you need to hold the power you have, because doing 2 clutch installs to find out the first one didn't hold would blow. Typically though people use a clutch that is vastly more than what they need and i just don't get it. No offense to anyone, but if you regularly drive a CC clutch then driving something else like a clutch masters or excedy I think your opinion would quickly change. I know mine did.

Feedback Score
    Interesting you should say that. Mine is doable, and traffic is not a big deal I guess but next time around I'll try something else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    I had an excedy and something went wrong with it and it destroyed my crank.
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    I had an excedy and something went wrong with it and it destroyed my crank.
    Really?! That's surprising as exedy makes the OEM clutch. But I guess shit happens regardless, Chris said he thinks his CC clutch caused his thrust bearing to fail which caused massive crank walk and killed his motor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast