Thread: Big "A" Detailing 1990 Porsche 911 C2 Polishing Guards Red SS Paint Back to Life

Feedback Score

Big "A" Detailing 1990 Porsche 911 C2 Polishing Guards Red SS Paint Back to Life

Photoshoot in College Point, Queens NY
    by Ronnie C. https://www.facebook.com/ronniecphotography

Polishing older single stage paint can be tricky. If you don't cover the edges with tape it will get you in big trouble. I found a few burn marks & tried to touch them up the best I could.
    I was able to remove all of the swirls & finish down hologram free in 2 steps with the Dewalt DWP849X + Makita 9227C Rotaries. Some deep marks remain but it was not smart to go fishing for them with anything more abrasive than Meguiars M205 Polish on 6.5" & 4.0" green BS pads. The paint transfer on low speeds was enough to make me nervous. The next step was done with 3MUF Polish on black BS pads. I was still getting some paint transfer on these very soft pads. For protection I gave this German beauty 3M Performance Finish on her paint & lights!

Others: Exhaust Tips polished with #0000 steel wool then Ardex Metal Mania. Wheel Lips polished with Ardex Metal Mania. Tires were treated with Optimum Opti-Bond. Head & Tail Lights were rotary polished with green/M205 + black/3MUF + 3MPF.

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I will close the sunroof to seal the tape around the felt & rubber. 3/4" masking tape + 1/4" fine line tape were used.

The hood was polished & put up & out of the way. This pic shows how much paint transfer I was getting! Look at that layer of red!

Lots of TLC & time was invested on the rear of the Porsche.

Feedback Score
    I'm in THE ZONE!

Qtips + M205 got what the 4" green pads couldn't get. A wedge of black foam + 3MUF was then used by hand.

Hunting for MILFS & restoring guards red single stage paint with my two favorite rotary weapons of choice!

MILFS = Many Irritating Little Friggin Swirls.Thanks to Yvan Lacroix for that one!

I was still getting some transfer with a black BS pad + 3MUF but that's ok, it's almost done!

Feedback Score

Stop for a "Victory" pic before one last shot by the brick wall. =)

I hope you enjoyed this writeup & appreciate the hard work taken to make it to the finish line!
    Thanks!

Big "A" Detailing on FaceBook:
    https://www.facebook.com/BigADetailingNYC?ref=hl

link to this album:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2778296&type=1
    Last edited by AndrewBigA; 06-24-2013 at 06:38 PM.